Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,086 Posts
Search on GunBroker.com and elsewhere online for Black Dog. They make the mags that Kel-Tec is using. Your choice of clear, smoke and black. You can buy them directly from Black Dog but their online cart was broken when I checked yesterday and they advised calling to order. No prices were listed. There were a few listed on GunBroker, for a little less than you quoted. They certainly aren't cheap magazines, but on the plus side... they aren't cheap magazines. Just like optics, cheap mags are usually very expensive in the long term.

I deciding against buying spare mags before I have the SU-22. If they were cheaper, I'd have bought them, but I decided to wait until I had some experience with the mag that ships with the SU-22, and maybe we can all go in on a group buy or something. I think I bought my RFB mags about a year ago?!?

We have unofficial word from Kel-Tec that they were getting 10 round magazines for non-free states like Kalifornia. The way it was stated, I interpreted it to mean that all of the SU-22s wouldn't ship with wussified 10 round mags so they can be sold everywhere, so Kalifornia essentially writes our laws for us beause manufacturers decide to cater to the least common denominator. That always bugged me.

The initial SU-22 will ship with the original style SU stock. I'm going to try replacing mine with a leftover Charlie under folding stock. A bit later, Kel-Tec plans to offer the SU-22 with the pistol grip AR stock. You can buy that stock separately from Kel-Tec now, but it'll be more expensive because you're buying two stocks, one with the rifle and another as an accessory.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts