Time to Move on.

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by Phila_PD, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Phila_PD

Phila_PD Guest

Sorry,

Going to take an "EXTENDED" vacation from KTOG due to the unsupported rantings of members who actively bash Law Enforcement without credited fact. Its one thing to have opinion or a dislike of the "Po-Po" as one member so nicely puts it, but to just flat out state that all Police are theives and corrupt and openly imply that shooting a Law Enforcement Officer is ok for reasons or causes they support. This is just a little to far to the left for my continued participation here at this site.

Keep Safe,
    Phila PD

2. DT_Willy

DT_Willy New Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Sorry to hear that, PhilaPD. I think you should reconsider. The "one bad apple" metaphor is relevant here. By and large, I think most KTOGers are very supportive of LEOs and the incredibly difficult and dangerous job they do. If some jackass wants to rave and generalize about LEOs, let it go in one ear and out the other. All the details about what has happened and what will happen in New Orleans will probably take months if not years to sort out. We're just getting the selected, sensational, biased spin of the media, as we always do. The NRA is on this "confiscation" issue bigtime, so let's let them dig a bit before going ballistic.
    Obviously, if confiscation of guns occurred to legal owners, this is a huge deal, and desecrates the Second Amendment. It must and will be stopped, if we all stick together and support groups like the NRA and Second Amendment Foundation.

You're a respected member of KTOG whose opinions I always value. It would sad to be driven away by someone who has a lot less to offer this forum than you do. Besides, we need those ammo tests!

3. cdowner

cdowner New Member

Jan 21, 2005
    Phila PD,
    I am not a LEO so I can not say I fully understand how you feel. However, I do symthoize and agree with your anger.

NO ONE SHOULD BASH LAW ENFORCEMENT PERIOD. The job is difficult enough. You would hope that they we man enough and realized and respected Law Enforcement, unless they are doing something illegal and do not want to be caught.

We are not in New Orleans and do not know/understand WHAT they are going through and the full details behind the little we have heard.

I for one, and most others in this community, would hate to see you take an "EXTENDED" vacation from KTOG. I do look forward to your inputs.

If you must I understand, Be Safe out there.
    Chris

4. CincinnastyKid

CincinnastyKid New Member

Aug 25, 2005
    Sorry to hear it. I'm no LEO but I have a few friends that are. I value their opinions a lot and they offer advice to me in many situations.

You can and do provide valuable info here and I'd hate to see you go. There's always going to be people that bash or put down law enforcement. Usually it's due to one situation they had that didn't work out the way they wanted it to. It's very much like any other prejudgments.

For example, when I was a bit younger I didn't like police nor did I respect them. This was because I have a hard time with authority, hell, I still do. It's not any officer's fault when I was younger, it was my fault. They treated me bad because I treated them bad. I've grown up. I treat everyone including officers the way I want to be treated with the respect they deserve. I've learned that this typically has positive outcomes in every aspect of life. The "golden rule" has been good to me. Now, I don't prejudge anyone under no circumstances.

My suggestion to all is not to make blanket statements about any group of people.

Hope you stick around.

-Kid

5. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    Phila PD, I hope you will reconsider this course of action after you have time to think about it a while. Is not blaming/punishing the members of the forum, as a whole, similar to the very thing that is angering you in the first place (i.e. blaming the NO or all police as a whole for the alleged actions of a few)?

I had not read the thread that angered you until today, and only then because I wanted to find out why you were angry. The very title of the thread was enough to keep me away from it. Same with the "Beat goes on" thread, which I still haven't read. The political/social threads have their place on KTOG, but I come here for the gun info. Getting myself ****ed off over non-gun issues just isn't worth it. Don't lose out on the gun chat that you enjoy because two or three guys in the non-gun chat got under your skin. ;D

6. UTRay

UTRay Guest

Phila,
    Sorry to hear that, I know in the past we've had or differences. However, I have come to greatly respect your input on this forum. I would suggest talking to Admin and TX, I think they are always willing to listen to a valuable member. Just my .02

FWIW, you finally have me carrying Fiocci FMJ in my P3AT's

7. Tech Admin

Tech Admin New Member

Apr 6, 2003
    Ditto what others have said and also note that the kind
    of behavior you mentioned won't be tolerated for long.
    Anyone behaving that way will be gone pretty darn
    quick if they don't cut the cr*p.

8. Mod_Man

Mod_Man New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Don't take off Phila PD. I am glad the admins are taking a stand here. I never say the post in question here but no one should advocate shooting cops.

9. mkamer

mkamer New Member

May 19, 2005
    Phila PD, I hope you don't stay away too long. It's a shame that you had the experience that you did. No one should trash any LEO in my opinion. They provide an amazing service to this great nation.

When I was a newbie a few months back you provided some very valuable information to me as I was acquiring my first handgun. Your information along with several others made me feel confident on that first range visit. For that I thank you.

I still find very valuable information on this forum and an proud to be a part of it.

10. Tracker

Tracker New Member

Nov 4, 2005
    Phila, not much difference between a skell and a troll. I know your skin is too thick for either to bother you much. Stay aboard...