Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What or where are you guys finding for adaptors to use on the threaded barrel to get to 1/2x28? If I have done my research correct the adaptor for a M&P 22 or Walther P22 should work? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
703 Posts
So, I have a couple Osprey Micros that are rated for .22-Magnum, but I don't have a PMR yet. I'm thinking about getting one with a threaded barrel for use with the Ospreys, but I'm also wondering, what's the point? You still have a supersonic round with .22-Magnum, so what good, really, does a suppressor do using a PMR-30? I'm sure it would reduce the dB of the shot, but it's still supersonic, so it still requires hearing protection. So why use a suppressor with a PMR?

(Don't get me wrong--I'm trying to justify being a PMR-30. LOL)

·
Registered
120 Posts
It allows you to fire without hearing protection on. Still makes a loud noise once it breaks the sound barrier down range, but with the suppressor attached, you'll be fine at the barrel side of things

·
Registered
703 Posts
It allows you to fire without hearing protection on. Still makes a loud noise once it breaks the sound barrier down range, but with the suppressor attached, you'll be fine at the barrel side of things
Really. OK, then, it might be worth getting a PMR-30 with a threaded barrel. I've been looking for an excuse to get one, maybe this is it. Problem is, I haven't seen any for sale with the barrel. It seems you have to buy the barrel after the purchase. Hmm.

Anyway, thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.