Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wondered if anyone had tried a quick insertion pin for the assembly pin? I'm thinking it somehow could be attached to the gun. I am thinking this would be better for carrying in a backpack. I know nothing about pins and I'm just thinking out loud. I just think this could be an answer for quicker deployment. IF anyone has an idea let me know.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Many of us have replaced the rear pin with a hardware store variety quick assembly pin. A standard 1/4" pin, with the pull ring and a spring loaded retention ball on the other end, fits perfectly. The ring opens up many options for retention, but it makes a much easier take down, as is, and makes it easier to keep track of even without retention. Other than optics, it is the only mod on mine.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
what is the length on that pin?
OAL is 1.820". Length from inside of pull ring to retaining ball is 1.300". Pin diameter is .250". Got mine in a True Value Hdwe.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,827 Posts

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
well my math skills are not the best but it measures out to 1 10/16" and a 1/4" wide.
If my memory is correct, KelTec only show one part# for the assy pin for the entire SU-16 series.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
I'm wondering if they source these pins from other manufacturers within certain tolerances and one may be different from another slightly.
Not by 1/4". It would stick out on one or both sides. His receiver is obviously different than my new A model. I had a C model years ago, but I never changed the pin.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.