Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have FTF. Failure to feeds? Before I sent my pistol in to Kel-tec, I was over 1100 rounds and basically the gun was no longer reliable.

For those that have reliable guns with more than 1000 rounds through them, what ammo are you using?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Gun is currently at the mothership for work. After about 900 rounds of CCI, it puked up a bunch of parts, one of which looked like a part of the firing pin that went shooting out the ejection port past my face.
It also stopped locking back after the last round, and then eventually stopped locking back at all.
Been 3 weeks, not expecting it back for awhile.
Like the gun, it's a hoot to shoot, hope it is Ok when I get it back.

·
Registered
121 Posts
1400+ rounds with mine

Yes, FTF was my problem as well. Mine is also at Keltec.

Confident the problem will be resolved, as I've shot a PMR that will shoot everything without fail.

Here's hoping for a quick return for you guys.

·
Registered
33 Posts
After I got my PMR, I tried Hornady, 30 gr. No good. Then I tried CCI-, better, but still at least 2 FTF's per mag. Then I tried Colorado Buck, Bingo! I've cycled over 1000 rounds, without a single problem. Accurate shooting round also. I am not sure if it just my gun, or if this round is good for all PMR's. Colorado Buck, is made by Armscore, and I have read some bad things about the performance of Armscore, so this proves to me, that the Colorado Buck, is indeed, a premium round, made by Armscore. Give it a shot! (No pun intended)

·
Registered
8 Posts
My PMR30, right out of the box, will not cycle a round. Not one round. Both mags will not cycle a round.
I tried CCI, Winchester & Hornady.
Shell goes halfway into chamber and jams. I can hand load single shot but not from clip.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I hate to say this, but your gun needs to be sent to Kel Tek, for repair, or total replacement. I feel really lucky to have a gun that cycles as advertised, as I have read some real horror stories, about this gun. Being picky with different brands of ammo, is one thing, but your gun sounds like a total piece of junk! You need to take them to task, and obtain a functional gun, worthy of your investment!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I hate to say this, but your gun needs to be sent to Kel Tek, for repair, or total replacement. I feel really lucky to have a gun that cycles as advertised, as I have read some real horror stories, about this gun. Being picky with different brands of ammo, is one thing, but your gun sounds like a total piece of junk! You need to take them to task, and obtain a functional gun, worthy of your investment!

Well, I think I figured out the problem. I put a Fast Fire iii on it right out of the box. Last night I took Fast Fire off and it cycled flawlessly. I never would have thought that would make a huge difference.
Gonna take it to the range Saturday so I should know for sure if that was it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.