Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't help it.
I read the whole thing.
I barfed a little in my mouth.
Like sheep being lead by the nose:
http://thebigdeer.com/how-to-register-a-gun-in-your-name/
You register your car and get a tag for it because driving it on the road is a privilege, not a right. The government paid for the road.
You do not have to register your children because you have a right to have children.
Why would anyone need the above advice?
Positive, productive dialog: Perhaps some comments posted there will enlighten them that gun registration is unconstitutional.
"These laws allow enforcement to disarm, identify and take action against violent criminals and people who illegally possess firearms. Registration system leads to accountability on behalf of the firearm owners and restrains illegal sales.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
what in the heck is the FRS office?
is this like a california thing? I live in the south, I don't understand.

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Go to this link and read what you find...be careful, very careful. Your head may explode.
How awful. Why would ANYONE ever want to live there? North Korea would be more free.

For this part...

Step 3: Certify, in writing, that you are not legally blind.

...I would definitely take the time to learn Braille, just so I could fill out the form using that.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
ok wow...
Indeed I googled it, Washington DC is in the south. (because if google says so....)
even more disturbing the FRS website. Scary part is, that adults- American's no less came up with that crap and then more Americans said, "oh yes! this is just what we need..."
WTF I now fully understand Thomas Jefferson's statement about the occasional revolution being good for a country...

Reactions: BlakeHanson

·
Registered
574 Posts
We had to register our firearms in Nevada until a few years ago when we finally got a Republican governor who rescinded the requirement. We can still buy from private parties without a background check, but I have always insisted on a bill of sale, I.D., CCW license when available to cover my ass along with a statement that they swear they were legal to own a firearm. There is still some liability, but I like the freedom to be able to conduct gun transactions without government oversight and permission. After the last election, the Democrats now hold the majority in our legislature and we have seen one gun control bill after another being introduced. So far, between our governor and some common sense legislators, we are fairing pretty well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.