Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My jury duty got pushed back a day - so I took advantage - grabbed the P-3AT - not fired since KT installed a new slide and barrel -and headed to the range.

I shot 13 rounds of Black Hills JHP then
7 rounds of Winchester SilverTip then
18 rounds of Federal AE FMJ without any problem - NO failure to anything - I was starting to feel GOOD.

Then I had a very strange failure -

I would call it a stove pipe - but the round that ended up sticking out of the ejection port was UNFIRED.

I had one in the chamber - and loaded up a fresh magazine - the shot went off like normal - but the top round in the magazine - instead of going into the chamber - somehow ended up sticking out of the ejection port - bullet end out.

Anyone ever had this happen before?

I finished off the rest of the box of AE FMJ - and then went through 100 rounds of FMJ reloads - and had no additional problems.

Over all I am happy - I think the P-3AT is fixed - but this is strange.

I did have VERY DEEP smilies in the first 5-6 that I checked - the last 2 times the smile was not as deep. Is it normal for the smile to get smaller as the gun breaks in?

BTW - my PM9 & M&P 40 also shot 100% - but the HI-Point 40 caliber carbine had a major failuire - and is spitting metal pieces. It is being boxed up and will take a vacation back to the manufacturer.

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
Check your magazines carefully for cracks (both rear corners, and dead center in the front curved section).

About the only way the slide can trap a live round like that is if it popped out of the magazine way too early.
Cracked mags or bent feed lips can cause that.

rcmodel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.