Thinking of selling or trading P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by marlin336, Oct 10, 2008.

1. marlin336

marlin336 New Member

Oct 6, 2008
    I find that I carry my P11 almost exclusively now and rarely carry my p3at (maybe 2 times in 2 years). I have moved back to Western NC and "need" a hunting rifle.

I am seriously thinking about selling/trading the p3at towards a deer rifle.

Does anyone know what used (+/- 400 rounds) late edition 1st gen's are going for in this area?

Thanks!

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    welcome to KTOG

You may ask for opinions here on price.  BUT if there is ANY offer to sell, the post will be deleted.

Also any post OFFERING to purchase

RULES

3. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    You may want to post it for sale here in the "Trading Forum" but you need 25 posts to do that. I know people are always looking for G1 P3AT's here, check the posts I'd bet there are several looking for one now. Heck if I had the money I'd make you an offer  ;) as a guess I'ts worth about $200+/-

good luck
    CJ

4. JB

JB Guest

The best I can tell you is that 'just across the hill' in East Tennessee, the gun shop I frequent has a (brand new, AFAIK) P3AT for $289 (they have a new P-32 for the same price.) Hope that helps, a little.

5. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    I have seen several Gen 2's averaging about $200 online in like new condition. I bought a gen 2 like new in a pawn shop for $140. Haven't personally seen a lot of gen 1's for sale though. I'm sure they're out there. Hope that helps

6. marlin336

marlin336 New Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Thanks all,

I am trying to get an idea of fair value before I approach some of the local guns shops.

I hate to part with any gun :( but with the tight economy I don't have the luxury of keeping it and buying another.

7. jpaul

jpaul Member

Apr 23, 2008
    What part of WNC are you located. I may know a shop or two to point you toward.

8. marlin336

marlin336 New Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Thanks jpaul,

We live close to Newland, NC.

PS - I am willing to drive a bit (+/- hour) to work with a good shop.

9. jpaul

jpaul Member

Apr 23, 2008
    Too bad because I don't know of any place in that part of WNC. LOL
    I do have a sister that lives there tho...
    I know of a place down in Marion if you wanted to drive down there.
    Check out The High Road and The Firing Line forums, I don't think you have to have a minimum amout of post to sell on there.

10. marlin336

marlin336 New Member

Oct 6, 2008
    I would consider a shop in Marion depending on the deal. I normally ask for a trade value range (ball park) they offer for the given firearm and condition, then decide if it's worth the drive.

11. jpaul

jpaul Member

Apr 23, 2008
    James Holtzclaw
    Skywatch satellite Inc
    1030C Baldwin Ave
    Marion, NC 28752

This guys does FFL transfers for the cheapest around but its been a while since I have been there.
    There is Toney's Gun Shop down between Morganton and Rutherfordton on Hwy 64 that has a good selection of used and new stuff and one usually does better trading there than selling out right.

Good luck.

12. marlin336

marlin336 New Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Thanks for all the feedback. I found a local shop that was looking for some 1st gen p3ats.

-Marlin