Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KTOG,

I just finished building my Tacticooool AR-15 a couple months back (See Thread http://www.thektog.org/forum/showthread.php?t=246266 ) and now I have the itch to build something else. I am thinking AR-10 (.308). Do any of you have any history with the AR-10, suggestions, dos and don’ts? I really enjoyed the Tacticooool build even though I spent more money than originally planned. This build will be stretched out over the coming year so it doesnt become a financial burden all at once.

Anyway, your thoughts are welcome.

STAY PREPARED, STAY VIGILANT
Kell
Houston, TX
Walther P99 .40
KT PF9 9mm
Sig P238 .380
YHM/Spikes AR-15

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I really really want one in 243!!! Just can't really see spending that much on a rifle that won't do anything better than my 700s, but i still really want one!!!

I've got my cheap m4, really could'nt see a use for it either but after trading a couple off i figured out i must have one!!!

I have taken a fall turkey with it, have got it ready for deer hunting for the last two years, but just can't use it when the remies will do the job so much better. And then there's always the thought of missing a buck of a lifetime not having enough gun.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
FWIW, I have two DPMS .308 ARs and love them, great firearms IMHO and a great .308 value for the $$$. (Money no object, they'd be Knights. ;))

I've shot many Armalite AR-10 variants over the years and think highly of them also. I personally went with DPMS instead because of the lower cost and the magazine design (FTR, some of the newer Armalites use the SR-25 pattern mags now, as well.) The introduction of the MagPul mags for these (after my first but before my second) made me even happier about my decision.

:)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so I started my AR-10 research and these are way expensive!! I may have to rethink what I want next!

Kell
Houston, TX
Walther P99 .40
KT PF9 9mm
Sig P238 .380
YHM/Spikes AR-15

·
Registered
8 Posts
KTOG,

I just finished building my Tacticooool AR-15 a couple months back (See Thread http://www.thektog.org/forum/showthread.php?t=246266 ) and now I have the itch to build something else. I am thinking AR-10 (.308). Do any of you have any history with the AR-10, suggestions, dos and don’ts? I really enjoyed the Tacticooool build even though I spent more money than originally planned. This build will be stretched out over the coming year so it doesnt become a financial burden all at once.

Anyway, your thoughts are welcome.

Kell
Houston, TX
Walther P99 .40
KT PF9 9mm
Sig P238 .380
YHM/Spikes AR-15
I had an AR-10 carbine which I bought used. My biggest gripe was that the follower of the magazines would almost never engage the bolt catch. I'm sure it was just a magazine issue, I only used the ones that came with the rifle which were converted M14/M1A mags.

My point for you being, I'd suggest taking advantage of the fact that Armalite is now or is soon releasing a lower compatable with the SR-25 pattern mags (& P-mags).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts