Think Pink

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by enigma4you, Jan 11, 2009.

1. enigma4you

enigma4you New Member

I want to do a pink frame for my wifes P3AT I know some of you guys have had some success in dying a frame. I know I will have to order a light grey in order to die it. Any sugestions?

2. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    The old ivory P32 grips were pretty easy to dye.  I don't know how it will work on a grey grip or what color you'd have to use to get the desired result.  Maybe one of those spray-on finsihes like gun kote or dura-coat would be better, but then again, what would you do with the rest of it? ;D  

I think someone even tried spray painting with Krylon Fusion (made for plastics) but I can't remember how well that worked out.

4. Cremator

Cremator New Member

Oct 31, 2007
    I thought about that for my wife, but we have kids and we are trying to teach them that guns are not toys and need to be respected. I think a "FUN" colored gun would cause them to think it was a toy. She agreed and got a black gun.

5. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    I know a few people with kids who have pink AR15s, AK47s and Cricket .22s.

It's good to teach them it's not a toy just because it's a fun color as well.

There are a number of manufacturers who offer weapons in pink.

6. enigma4you

enigma4you New Member

I agree, My daughter had no interest in shooting until she saw a pink 10/22. I told her I would get it for her after she showed me that she had a real desire to learn to shoot and not just an interst in a pink gun.

Every time I go to the range now she wants to go, She is a decent shot with her brothers henry, Can drive nails with my mossberg 45a and loves to shoot skeet. so much in fact that I am trying to find a decent used youth or ladies model skeet gun for her.

I want to do the 380 in pink for my wife, she already shoots the gun often and carries it when ever possible. ( she is a student) So if she wants it in pink with roses ingraved on the slide I will do it.

I also think that she wants that so I will get my own and stop taking hers.

A gun is a gun no matter what the color. Some guns lend themselves to being more than just a gun.

7. alioop

alioop Banned

Aug 28, 2008
    I'm glad women love pink. Because I sure as h@ll don't. But then again, I'm a guy. What do I know? (Wouldn't be caught dead in pink)

Oh, and while I'm at it, Thank God for women. What would us guys do without them? We'd never bath, or brush our teeth or eat properly. Yes, thank God for women. They keep us guys on the straight and narrow. Don't they?

8. LittleKatie

LittleKatie New Member

Nov 16, 2008
    I agree with the "fun color,,,,toy gun" issues when it comes to pink guns. I would hate to see any harm come to any child for that reason. I also feel that if a pink gun would cause someones wife, girlfriend, and or daughter, to carry one more for protection,,,then by all means make it pink!!
    I take my girlfriend and her daughter out to the shooting range every chance they want to go. Its a good lesson for them and fun for all. Pink, purple, or polka dotted, its important that women know how to shoot safely, accurately, and with lethal capabilities.
    But wouldn't it add a little insult to injury should a thug punk ******* get capped in the *** with a pink gun!!
    Should my girlfriend, or her daughter, ever want a pink gun, I would not hesitate at all in making that purchase or modification.
    Pink is also the color for breast cancer awareness, which I am a supporter of. I am a T&A kinda guy myself. They say pork is the other white meat....what does that make pink? Yes sir.....I like pink.

9. lop

lop Active Member

May 20, 2008
    I heard Salmon, the other pink meat. ;)

Sorry for the off topic. Lop

10. LittleKatie

LittleKatie New Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Salmon!! hahaha yeah that one too!!