Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently acquired a Ruger SR9, because the price was too good not to. I'm not really a fan of striker fired pistols, but I do love rugers, so I figured wth. I finally got it out to the range and it was,... fine. Fed and extracted everything with no drama, printed roughly 4 inch groups at 20 yards, low recoil impulse, etc. It was just... boring. I have a few 9mm pistols that do exactly the same thing. So I listed it on armslist, hoping to find something more interesting. Had a few trade offers, but nothing much fun until this! Its a sterling mk 4 carbine, semiauto made (from a parts kit) by wiselite. 9mm with 30 round mags, and a very sweet folding stock setup. I'm sure many of you are familiar with these little rifles, so I wont launch into a history of them, but if you aren't familiar and are wondering why it stirs something deep in your soul, its because george lucas used replicas of these guns for the iconic stormtrooper "blaster rifle" in the Star Wars saga. Much w00t! for the scifi geek in me!
Not fired this piece yet, but I have disassembled, cleaned, smoothed, and greased it within an inch of its life, as well as blocking the mags permanently to only accept 30 rounds (down from 34) to keep it Ohio legal, and fab'ed a top rail to mount an optic. I will have a range report soon, so until then here are a few pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
Had one a while back. Ran great and was very fun to shoot. Only problem was the chamber was too loose and was messing up the brass. Replaced the barrel and everything was fine.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
speaking of star wars and guns, I always thought han's blaster name was a joke as well. Its a "Dl 44" which I thought was meant to imply it was on par with a 44 mag. Perhaps not, but I took it that way.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
speaking of star wars and guns, I always thought han's blaster name was a joke as well. Its a "Dl 44" which I thought was meant to imply it was on par with a 44 mag. Perhaps not, but I took it that way.
Han's blaster was a spiffed up mauser c96 (broomhandle). The stormtroopers also used some german MG42s in there too. Leia's pistol was some weird russian .22 also... just more reasons to love the trilogy, gun nut appeal...

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Nice score!!
Yup.. It was indeed used to make the Blaster Rifle.
Here's a link to the various guns used in the Films....
(courtesy of Internet Movie Firearms DataBase)
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Star_Wars

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Have ya thought about actually making it into a working blaster. Looks like like the guts are there and maybe an SBR stamp, shorter mag, BTW love the regrets pic, now I gotta go find it at photobucket.

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
In order to turn it into a blaster, what paperwork would you need to fill out to get the mini 2.7 gigawatt cold fusion power pack?

Are they available yet? What kind of price are we looking at? Have they figured out the radiation leakage problems? What kind of grease would you use? Would a fluff and buff be needed? Can we reduce the felt trigger pull weight? What are the restrictions for open carry? Do they make night sights for this? Do they make it for lefties? Where can we buy spare clips? Ooops, I mean mags? How do we handle FTE and FTF??? :confused:

I want one now, why doesn't the manufacturer do something to ramp up production so I can get one yesterday???

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
I saw this one on Gunblaster.com. I may put in a bid.

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
In order to turn it into a blaster, what paperwork would you need to fill out to get the mini 2.7 gigawatt cold fusion power pack?

Are they available yet? What kind of price are we looking at? Have they figured out the radiation leakage problems? What kind of grease would you use? Would a fluff and buff be needed? Can we reduce the felt trigger pull weight? What are the restrictions for open carry? Do they make night sights for this? Do they make it for lefties? Where can we buy spare clips? Ooops, I mean mags? How do we handle FTE and FTF??? :confused:

I want one now, why doesn't the manufacturer do something to ramp up production so I can get one yesterday???
I'm sitting in here amazed. This is the funnyest thing I've read in a long time. I take back what I said about your two wheeled tractor...

Lop

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
What lop? You wouldn't want an actual firing SWBlaster in 9mm? Imagine that puppy shootin' up some Rebel Alliance targets. Oooh gets the juices flowin'.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Will be waiting for the range report on rour blaster with or without the modifications. Nice piece. And "May the force be with you!"

·
Super Moderator
17,762 Posts
I always loved the look of the STEN, and the Sterling just brought that last ounce of refinement out of it for me. I almost bought one last year when they began making the carbine versions. I just wasn't ready at the time. I still love the look, even with the extra barrel hanging out there. Nice catch.

And a blaster would be cool, but I'm surprised no one has brought up the Lewis machine guns the Imperials used as their "heavy" weapons in episode 4!

If I could have ANY mil-surp weapon ever made available from history the Sterling SMG, German FG-42, and STG-44 would top the list. AFTER Ma Deuce of course... :)

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
If I could have ANY mil-surp weapon ever made available from history the Sterling SMG, German FG-42, and STG-44 would top the list. AFTER Ma Deuce of course... :)
Nothing against the Sterling but if you replaced it with a MG-42 you would have my list nailed. Of course, I could only feed a 42 for about 3 seconds before I'd go broke. :p

The Sterling is an interesting gun, it's kinda like a British version of the M3 grease gun but much better looking that the M3.

I like almost any mil-surplus firearm I find. Even if it's a bad design or something I still find them interesting. I had the chance to handle a FN 1900 the other day, it was a little beat up but I still would like to have taken it home. Hopefully it's rightful owner can be found.

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Nothing against the Sterling but if you replaced it with a MG-42 you would have my list nailed. Of course, I could only feed a 42 for about 3 seconds before I'd go broke. :p
How 'bout the MG-42 dress up stock for the 10/22?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts