Featured Theft

Discussion in 'P-11 & P-40' started by GoesBang, Sep 5, 2017.

1. GoesBang

GoesBang Active Member

Jan 1, 2014
    Missouri
    Two of my pistols were taken from my home in Vandalia some time on Friday.

We have a suspect.

Wish me luck.

[​IMG]

HatRon56 likes this.
  2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    By "we" I assume you have called the police and reported the crime.

3. GoesBang

GoesBang Active Member

Jan 1, 2014
    Missouri
    Local PD and adjacent County Sheriff

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I hope the culprit is caught and convicted, and you recover your property.

5. auwing-1

auwing-1 Member

Apr 23, 2016
    St. Petersburg, Fla
    Good Luck finding them. It's a shame when someone takes something we cheerish and all they hope to get is a few quick bucks. The only consolation is that they try it again and meet up with someone waiting for them with a loaded gun.

6. FortunateSon

FortunateSon Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Hoping the dirtbag is found and your weapons are returned.

7. easy

easy Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Some one you know?

8. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    I'm paranoid about this. Best of luck recovering your property and prosecuting the criminal. Fun Fact: In many states (including mine) the theft of a firearm is a felony, regardless of the value of the guns that are stolen. In other words, the law reflects the fact that the harm to society of stolen guns far exceeds the theft itself. It's what criminals would do with illegally obtained guns that is of primary concern. Steal the cheapest Saturday Night Special and spend some time in prison. Hopefully, that's the happy outcome in this case, after your SCCY and Kel-Tec pistols are returned.

Stealing a firearm regardless of its value is a felony in Missouri, so good luck with that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_theft#Missouri

9. TheLastDaze

TheLastDaze Active Member

Jun 8, 2015
    OK
    Liberty, interesting, wonder if its like that here in OK..

OP sorry to hear about that, break in?? or you had people over your house and didnt realize one of them was a piece of trash that needs a few fingers cut off..

really hope you get your guns back or he has an ND and shoots himself...

i had $1k worth of tools stolen 2 weeks ago, i feel your pain.

10. magnut

magnut Member

Mar 30, 2015
    look at the bright side. He probably did you a favor stealing the that sccy. I trust cobra patriots more than those. The only worse clone out there for the p11 is the standard arms sa9. Honestly .... those guns are such a headache its not that big of a deal that you have been relieved of the sccy burden. They are pretty though... until you go to shoot them.

Sucks that he took your P11 but they are replaceable. Buy two and forget the sccy.

Also, thieves always end up getting caught or killed eventually (unless they work for the government). The more they steal the sloppier they get until the day they land in prison.

Its only stuff brother... could have been a lot worse. It could have been a team of thugs breaking in, killing your kids, raping your wife, and doing whatever for a few weapons.

Change your locks and beef up security. Doors are easy to secure, windows a little tougher but doable.

11. GoesBang

GoesBang Active Member

Jan 1, 2014
    Missouri
    That was a real "spirit lifter."

12. magnut

magnut Member

Mar 30, 2015
    I am a glass half full kind of guy.

If you have more guns or valuable objects they will probably be back soon or in the near future. Thats how criminals opperate. You should fortify your house.

How did they get in?

13. GoesBang

GoesBang Active Member

Jan 1, 2014
    Missouri
    It was not a break in. The perpetrator is/was some kind of relation to my granddaughter's boyfriend. He evidently cased out my reloading room while I was away.

14. FLT

FLT Well-Known Member

I hate a thief. It's got to the point you have to hide every thing , gone are the days when you could show your collection to your friends.

15. magnut

magnut Member

Mar 30, 2015
    sounds like grand central at your house. should probably think about locking down your reloading room. You really shouldnt have a set up that just anyone has access too.

i agree gone are the days of showing off collections. These days gangs move in teams to commit B&E and people in general have big mouths about what they see.

Just think of guns as gold and it gets a little more clear.

Most of the time these thefts occur when your not home but thieves have been getting more bold the last few years. Home invasions, gun shop and gun show robberies are not that uncommon. Some of these teams are heavily armed and wearing light body armor.

for the OP it sounds like some punk was just snooping through your house to see what you have. Have you accounted for all your house keys yet? If not you may want to change the keys on your locks. Thieves generally go back to the same targets as they have a profile of whats in the house. Next time your reloading equipment may be gone..... probably on ebay.

16. Darvell

Darvell Active Member

Sep 14, 2004
    Gun thiefs suck. My dad lost a few awhile back--probably relatives of his new wife. My brother had his son's friend steal his Taurus revolver and use it on himself before my brother even knew it was gone. Be safe out there!

17. TheLastDaze

TheLastDaze Active Member

Jun 8, 2015
    OK
    ive never heard of a gun show being robbed, you'd have to be 1% more stupid than the average scum..

18. magnut

magnut Member

Mar 30, 2015
    they robbed it the night before. Got away with a boat load of ARs, AKs etc. looked to be pretty well thought out. Not sure if they ended up getting caught. Most dont. All thieves are not stupid. Some know what they are doing. Its not always some crack or meth head looking to score.

19. HatRon56

HatRon56 Grand Poobah Supporter

May 25, 2007
    Hampton Roads,VA
    I had a SA40cal and I had no problems with it.....Sorry for your loss..... 100_2063.JPG