Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used Sub2000 a few weeks ago but it had to go back to Kel-Tec for a new feed ramp. It's been a couple weeks and I called and they said they have it but it will be a few more weeks before they get to it. I don't exactly need it for anything special right now but I haven't even shot it yet and I've got a box of 9mm staring at me every day, taunting me, mocking me, beckoning to me. I just want to shoot my gun! Is several weeks a normal wait time for Kel-Tec repairs?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I solved that problem. The S2K I picked up 10 days ago I had to ship back to KT on Monday to have the barrel pinned. So after 24 hours of not having it to play with I got online last night and found another one and picked it up today (also a Glock 17 like my first one). Now I can wait patiently for the first one to come back in 6+ weeks.;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I solved that problem. The S2K I picked up 10 days ago I had to ship back to KT on Monday to have the barrel pinned. So after 24 hours of not having it to play with I got online last night and found another one and picked it up today (also a Glock 17 like my first one). Now I can wait patiently for the first one to come back in 6+ weeks.;)
That's a great plan if I could find another one and could afford another one. I got lucky to find mine for $220 used as long as this feed ramp problem is the only thing wrong. I know they are busy, not blaming them, I'm just impatient!

·
Super Moderator
17,764 Posts
I think I recall suggesting you just get the part and DIY. If you only knew how easy that little part was to install. I'm sorry. I know I'm rubbing salt in the wound. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I recall suggesting you just get the part and DIY. If you only knew how easy that little part was to install. I'm sorry. I know I'm rubbing salt in the wound. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

:)
Yup, you did mention that so I did ask Kel-Tec and they said no, they would not send me the part, they required me to send the gun in. I figured that was just as well since I am brand new to the Sub2000. If it were an SKS then I can tear that puppy down with my eyes closed, lol. I knew it would take a couple weeks, I'm just excited to get it and shoot it.

Because it's used the warranty is technically no longer in force but the gun shop owner said Kel-Tec is really good about fixing little things like that for free even on used guns and he would pay for it if they didn't.

·
Super Moderator
17,764 Posts
Well then, I stand corrected. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's here!!!!!! I happened to pop in the gun shop yesterday and it had just come back from Kel Tec and they were about to call me. I'm glad I sent it in as it needed more than just the feed ramp.

In addition to the feed ramp they replaced the mag catch, the slide and barrel, other misc internal parts, polished the feed ramp and test fired it. Not knowing the history of this gun, I feel good about them going all through it like that. They did it under warranty too even though I'm not the original owner, probably because my dealer sent it in, not me.

I will try to shoot it a little today but I will be working like a dog replacing my back deck once it dires out in a little bit. I'm so excited, it's looks like a new gun, hopefully it will shoot like one too!

·
Registered
43 Posts
WOW! For not being under warranty it sounds like they took right care of you. It's great to see a company standing behind their products.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, they did me right. I think it was because my LGS sent it in under their name. Not sure Joe Schmoe off the street gets the same treatment as a dealer. Maybe they do, I know Kel Tec has a great service rep.

Anyway, I just popped off 10 rounds before dark. What a fun little rifle! Seems accurate at very short distance and in low light, shooting somewhat quickly. Can't wait to play some more with this thing!

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
I have a relatively new S2K and nothing to complain about, except maybe the trigger pull and For that I plan a polish level fluff and buff. Stories like this give me renewed confidence in Kel Tec and (almost) make me want to send my S2K in just too see if anything wonderful happens!

I bought mine face to face, from a guy I am sure just flipped it BNIB from a dealer, so I am quite interested in how they handle non original purchasers.

Mama does seem to take care of her own.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I ordered a new one in Sept and have yet to see it :(
That sucks, sorry to hear that. I wonder if you should try ordering one somewhere else and see which one comes in first, then cancel the order on the other one. I guess it depends on how much money you have to front and if the deposits are 100% refundable or not. If you stumble across a used one like I did you could hop on it and sell it later when your new one arrives, if it ever does.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts