Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in Montgomery County, Maryland. Several vehicle thefts occur on a daily basis. I would never leave any weapon unattended in a vehicle. A gun stolen around where I live would probably end up being used in a crime. The author of the review appears to be quite naïve.

My Sub is kept in a laptop bag that I purchased for $12 on e-bay. I have also carried it in an insulated Whole Food messenger style bag, an 18 inch tool bag, a 19 inch backpack, and a diaper bag.

If you look around your local church thrift store, you will probably find some nice cases for the Sub in the $5.00 to $10.00 range.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In Montgomery County, Maryland we have no open or concealed carry and severe restrictions on carrying a firearm in a vehicle. I can only transport the Sub to and from the range or to a gun store for repair.

·
Registered
148 Posts
In Montgomery County, Maryland we have no open or concealed carry and severe restrictions on carrying a firearm in a vehicle. I can only transport the Sub to and from the range or to a gun store for repair.
Wow . . . .Sorry.

In Ohio we have Open Carry (If you can stand the hassle) & CCW Licensing. Just can't imagine what living without the 2A would be like. I carry my S2K in a 15" Laptop case that is lined with foam and also holds my G19 and about 200 rds. It is heavy but stealthy.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
A gun stolen around where I live would probably end up being used in a crime.
A gun stolen ANYWHERE is a CERTAINTY to end up being used in a crime.

Who do people think it is that break into cars and take bags or rummage for stuff to steal ? It isn't "good thieves". It's going to be used by that person, or sold to someone who will use it. The very sale to or purchase by that other person is itself a crime.

Reactions: Detman101

·
Registered
148 Posts
Come to Missouri.

Open carry, car carry, conceal carry without a permit. Gun owners paradise.
Yeah, sounds great! But I really like the idea that before one can walk around with a concealed firearm, a requirement to show you know which way to point the thing and how to load/unload is a good thing (not required for open carry in Ohio).

In Ohio, when under 18, one must take some type of Driver's Education before legally driving a car. It makes me feel better knowing the young ones with a lot of sheet metal wrapped around them coming at me at 70 MPH knows how to steer and where the brake is.

In either case, there is no test for common sense. Stay vigilant!

·
Premium Member
17,775 Posts
Yeah, sounds great! But I really like the idea that before one can walk around with a concealed firearm, a requirement to show you know which way to point the thing and how to load/unload is a good thing (not required for open carry in Ohio).

In Ohio, when under 18, one must take some type of Driver's Education before legally driving a car. It makes me feel better knowing the young ones with a lot of sheet metal wrapped around them coming at me at 70 MPH knows how to steer and where the brake is.

In either case, there is no test for common sense. Stay vigilant!
Yeah, we used to call that parenting.......

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I am curious as to the logic of that statement. Nearly all vehicle break-ins are "smash and grab" making any type of backpack a prime target.
I have also carried it in an insulated Whole Food messenger style bag, an 18 inch tool bag, a 19 inch backpack, and a diaper bag.
I think a diaper bag would be quite safe from a 'smash&grab' :poop::ignore:.
I will have to look into those.
Won't have to worry about a cop digging his hands deep into one of those either:shtf::D.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
currently using a generic $10 dollar walmart backback, lined it with some egg crate foam.
love the diaper bag idea, reminds me of the movie where rutger howell (sp?) hides his pistol under a child's saftey car seat...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am a SneakyBag fan, having used their Trick or Treat for about four years. It is a high quality, well engineered type of product. You will pay for that.

I carried an AK in a tennis racquet bag for mostly a decade with the truck gun. Low profile, but not protective nor really functional for anything other than storage. Carrying 15 yards to the range was uncomfortable in a racquet bag, all pokey and swinging around. I ended up with three racquet bags over time trying to get something workable.

My eyes were opened in Sept. 2005 after Katrina. Everyone has a story, but I learned a few lessons. My next time will be to roll heavier but also planning for having to travel on foot. If on foot, looking like an invading army will attract all sorts of unwanted attention. Evacuating from X-disaster does not seem to be the time to be contemplating a solid doubles game, but I will defer to your priorities.

Hence, a quality bag has a use. Maybe not for you.

On diaper bags, I have to guess you guys don't have young kids around. My wife got a $200 diaper bag as gift. Designer bags escalate dramatically in price; bad guys will totally lift that for $20 fence.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.