Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard a rumor that Kel Tec may be "doing something" involving the PF9. This was in the midst of a discussion surrounding the Sig P365, Ruger MAX9, Hellcat, &tc.

So who is going to speculate that it is making the PF9 a doubles-tack? Will they make it "Optics Ready?" And, if so, is it too little, too late? I mean, the PF9 has a much better trigger than the P11 but it is still a fairly long pull that would be hard to compete with a striker trigger.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: mattman17

·
Registered
125 Posts
Love my PF-9 and carried it for years till I decided I wanted and moved to the G17.

That trigger though is what makes anyone I let shoot it not want to shoot it again(along with the snap). It’s like you pull and keep pulling and pulling waiting for it to go off.....send an email, make a sammich and all of a sudden BANG!!!! Me, I’m used to it and know what to expect so it’s second nature but for those shooting one for the first time it’s a solid NO for another range trip. Lol.

If they go double stack or any other major upgrades I will def grab a new version to match my current PF-9.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My thoughts: The P-11 with the factory 12 round magazine becomes a P-13. With the P-40 +1 magazine extension installed on the 12 round mag its a P-14. With the 12 round mag plus a +2 magazine extension it would be a P-15 and the grip length would be just perfect for a "3 finger grip" on the gun.

Now make it striker fired like the new offering from the copycat competitor from Daytona and K/T would have the highest capacity and the lowest priced micro-nine in the game.

·
Premium Member
4,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My thoughts: The P-11 with the factory 12 round magazine becomes a P-13. With the P-40 +1 magazine extension installed on the 12 round mag its a P-14. With the 12 round mag plus a +2 magazine extension it would be a P-15 and the grip length would be just perfect for a "3 finger grip" on the gun.

Now make it striker fired like the new offering from the copycat competitor from Daytona and K/T would have the highest capacity and the lowest priced micro-nine in the game.
Optics ready?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
8,658 Posts
It already was the highest capacity (13). lightest weight, smallest package for the capacity & probably lowest price 9mm period.

Buy used. Offer them 100 bucks for that out of production worthless POS. ;)

Jim, who misses Wilson & his collection of $100 P32s.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Optics ready?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Thank you for your suggestion! YES, OF COURSE! That seems to be the trend even on the smallest double-stack nines. And while they're at it, make the sights compatible with Glock aftermarket sights, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts