The P3AT is NOT a range gun...BUT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by downhill, Jul 19, 2008.

1. downhill

downhill New Member

Jul 2, 2008
    Here are a couple of targets I shot this morning.  The one on top was the first 5 shot group of the day.  The bottom one was the second and I held to compensate the sights being off.  The first target had 4 shots in one ragged hole measuring 1/2" center to center with one flyer that openned the group to 7/8".  The second target has 4 shots in the black.  I got excited and flinched on the last shot and it went way low.  The ones in the black are 3 in one hole measuring 7/16" and one flyer that openned the group to 3/4".

These were shot at 21 feet standing, double handed hold, rate of fire: 2 seconds per shot.  I used the factory iron sights.  The ammo used was Remington green box ball ammo.

[​IMG]

So Basically, I'm happy with the direction the guns are going.  So far I have zero failures to function or fire with this exception:  After I installed the +1 extensions on my magazines it started dropping magazines after the shot.  It turns out the mags don't fit into the mag well quite as far with the extensions.  The catch isn't fully grabbing them.  It's a whoopping .060 differenece  :eek:.  So now the extensions are headed for the milling machine to get fixed.  I'll leave them a little tighter than the stock endcaps.  It's very odd that KelTec would make an accessory that changed the mag seating, and cause a malfunction.

2. forestranger

forestranger Active Member

Jan 29, 2008
    NC
    Good shooting! Amazes me how accurate something that little gun can be. U shoot better than I do!  :(

3. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Very impressive shooting! Where can I get those cool looking targets?  :)

Take care...

4. Black_Prince

Black_Prince New Member

Feb 26, 2006
    Hee, heee. Cool targets indeed! Now try emptying the magazine on that target in that same two seconds and that'll tell you about what you can depend on as far as accuracy is concerned when the target is armed and shooting back. There is just SOMETHING about that dam adrenalin rush that makes fine motor skills go to hell. Those little ominous sounding whizzes passing your ear can cause you to think about other things besides sight picture and trigger control. Do yourself a favor and don't wait until you hear them before you start training to fight back effectively. And shooting neat little groups at a timed fire pace ain't training to fight back effectively. You've proved the gun is capable of good accuracy. Now get on with the rest of it while you still can. Tomorrow somebody may engage you in a little gun play. Funny thing about that, they never seem to be courteous enough to warn you before hand. Good luck. Shoot fast, shoot accurately, and if you have the chance, SHOOT FIRST and just keep on shooting! We'll let you buy if your groups aren't as nice as thses are. The only thing that counts is that you win and the other guy does not.

5. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
    Hi DH. That IS good shooting! Was that BEFORE you installed the LHS-4 or AFTER?

I've been known to shoot a pie plate or two with a P3AT myself. It's good to see somebody else using these excellent targets.

Of course I, only use Match Grade recycled paper plates.  :D

[​IMG]

Packer.

6. joje

joje New Member

Nov 1, 2007
    excellent shooting! :)