The  "Right Stuff"

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by regrip, Dec 12, 2008.

1. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    What is the best method of removing the Right Stuff from the top of my slide? Any ideas without damaging the bluing that is left? Going to switch to the NiteSiters. Tom

2. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX

3. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Re: The  "Right Stuff"

Yes, That's it. I used it to adhere the shotgun site to the top of the slide, per some posts in this site earlier this year. Tom

4. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX

There are some permatex remover chemicals out there, don't know what effect it would have on the bluing. You could pick up some B/C blue and test it on a piece of scrap steel by bluing the steel then applying the chemical.

Somehow I doubt heat would work so it seems you're left with a chemical remover or a flat edge to pry/scrape.

The good news is it's not that hard to re-blue steel.

5. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007

Sounds like you might have a good excuse to send your slide off to have Jack apply a lovely nickel finish. Just a thought.

6. P-3aT_ShoTTer

P-3aT_ShoTTer New Member

Feb 5, 2008

use a quality gasket remover, it should not harm the bluing unless its left on there for extended periods (2+hours). You may still need to use a box cutter type blade to scrape the remaining film off of the slide.

7. jefftire

jefftire New Member

Dec 6, 2008

We use that stuff at work quite abit and I think your best bet is to use a razor blade and peel/cut it off. HTH.

jeff