Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was out at the range again today, practicing point shooting with my G26,and my P3at ( PF9 is down awaiting firing pin). And it dawned on me how valuable it would be to have your carry platform to practice trigger control and target aqusition, especially point shooting and have the luxury of being able to afford to shoot it.

Next purchase TI 22 conversion

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Yeah... That's about what happened to all of us. :D

At first, the $230 price tag makes everyone go 'Ouch!! No Way!!"
Then the various advantages start to click in.

My 'Upper' is in for the Hard Chrome upgrade, but I'll be able to plink away tomorrow with the TI conversion kit. :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
The PF9-22LR is a fine handling 22. Perhaps not a nice as a Ruger MK 111, but far better than the .22 mouse guns I've tried. Mine holds 11 rounds, nice for plinking; I'm looking forward to using it as a trail gun. Not as accurate as my six gun, but less expensive and more fun. A $230 .22 with all the fine points of the PF9 is, I feel, a pretty good deal. The only downside is that you have to decide 9mm or .22 BEFORE you pack it.

·
Registered
718 Posts
The PF9-22LR is a fine handling 22. Perhaps not a nice as a Ruger MK 111, but far better than the .22 mouse guns I've tried. Mine holds 11 rounds, nice for plinking; I'm looking forward to using it as a trail gun. Not as accurate as my six gun, but less expensive and more fun. A $230 .22 with all the fine points of the PF9 is, I feel, a pretty good deal. The only downside is that you have to decide 9mm or .22 BEFORE you pack it.
Not me. Im heading out this weekend and the lightweight of the slide and ammo means I will carry the 9mm for protection and have the 22 in my pack with 100 or so rounds for fun or if I get in the mood for some wild meat. If I was going distance or was going to be out for several days then I would only carry the 9 but for a weekend the weight of ammo and the slide is no big deal.

·
Registered
271 Posts
but for a weekend the weight of ammo and the slide is no big deal.
Valid point, and conversion from one caliber to the other takes less than 30 seconds even being slow and careful. Just be sure to watch that recoil spring - I'd hate to have to look for one in the brush.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts