Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This month I am off to see the Kent County gun board here in Michigan to complete my CCW application. I don't anticipate any problems, and the state law has a pretty tight leash on local gun boards. But I was wondering if anyone here has had any experiance in Michigan, or even better, Kent Country and could tell me what to expect.

·
Registered
19 Posts
No offense, but my first advice would be to move to a state that doesn't require you to appear before a board to exercise your constitutional rights.

Do you have to pass a board review to write an editorial in the local paper? This sort of thing must be stopped. Gun owners must become more organized and vocal.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but I had to vent.

·
Registered
255 Posts
If you can, post your experience with them here. I am going to be spending some time back up there soon. Lived in Novi til 69. I am glad they will reciprocate my Florida CC.
L.W.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The state really isn't that bad about CCW, in fact the sec. of state is thinking of taking over issuing because state law so heavily binds local govs from what they can ask and demand of an applicant. The gun board here cannot ask me anything that is not already on the form I filled out, and this step seems to be just an excuse to keep some people employed to essentially be a rubber stamp for the state. But I just wondered what it might be like.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Beware of the guys with the floppy hats and red capes who creep from behind the curtains yelling, "So, you didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition, did you?" :eek:

Sorry. I'm one of the lucky ones who pays my $19 every five years, and that's it. Matter of fact, renewals are pretty much automatic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.