Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. This has been out a while so I apologize for not tell you about it sooner. I designed this to hide the gap between the KSG and my Salvo. It acts as a stand off and give you M-lok slots and a QD sling point up front.

I showed it to the Kel-Tec guys at SHOT and they loved it. They have 2 of them for their shop guns now and kept one to show in their booth at the show.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I love it, wish I could buy one for mine but NY will send me up the river for ten years. Illegal here, I'm surprised I'm able to buy a KSG here to be honest. Because it's only here in NY where just the guns kill people not the dumb people with guns...

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Thanks snubby. The muzzle device is interesting. Looks like it sticks out a little further than the choke adapter. Would probably make a good stand off device.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've had mine since it became available for ordering. There are some very tacky products out there for the KSG and this isn't one of them. It's very well thought out and produced. The edges are not razor sharp, but it definitely works well as a stand-off device; i.e. it WILL do damage.

It is slightly longer than the Kel-Tec choke adapter. Depending on the choke you use, the choke may end up being longer.

The added length of the Beast provides additional safety for the shooter too. However, I would not put on a hand stop or put my hand anywhere near it. The M-Lok slots are meant for things like light mounts.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend, but I would love for someone to explain the deficiency of my KSG without one. What am I missing? I see so many oddball items that serve no earthly use on all sorts of long guns.

How will this device help me, in some sort of situation, beyond what a KSG will not do all by itself. I'm just not seeing it!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend, but I would love for someone to explain the deficiency of my KSG without one. What am I missing? I see so many oddball items that serve no earthly use on all sorts of long guns.

How will this device help me, in some sort of situation, beyond what a KSG will not do all by itself. I'm just not seeing it!

I don't think it was built to make up for a deficiency. I think it was built FOR a specific market. From their website:

"It features M-lok slots on 3 sides to add a rail, light, hand stop or whatever else you would want on the front of your favorite shotty.

Also has limited rotation sling cups on each side so now you can have that quick detach sling. It still retains the factory style sling loops as well.

The crenulated edge gives you a pain compliance feature for law enforcement as well as grip for door breaching.

It also closes up the gap left when using a Salvo suppressor so you get to keep the uninterrupted monolithic look that is so signature of this pump gun.

The use of a choke adapter is strongly recommended and we will not warranty this part if used without one. DO NOT use a muzzle brake with this as it will direct gas directly to the inside walls causing erosion from blast particles as well as gas venting from the slots in several directions. Fortunately the Beast muzzle device hides the choke adapter from view as to not detract from the lines of the gun as it would without it."

Unlike many of the "tacticool" accessories out there, this one is targeting a specific audience and appears to be functional in nature.

I have no need for it, but I'm sure there are others (law enforcement, security, etc) who might.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Personally I don't see myself having a need for it or any muzzle device for now, but it seems to be pretty well thought out and solid while staying fairly short, and it looks a lot more sensible than some other muzzle devices. I'm sure over time a light could be integrated into that cavity below the muzzle.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Ordered mine today. Will update pictures and ideas. I have wanted to order one for a while. So. Guess todays a good day for it. Start of a new year.

I have always thought the KSG would look a little better with a stout front end. And when i saw the beast i guess before this post was made. I have thought about buying it.

Text Font Line Number Screenshot

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts