Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a P3-AT for a while now, but was not happy with its reliability. I was not confident in it enough to carry it concealed. I am no craftsman, but I decided to do a fluff & buff on it. I didn't do the whole routine. I just polished the feed ramp and the barrel underlug. I spent about 2 hours in front of the tv with 400 and then 600 grit. The results were remarkable. My last 2 trips to the range have been very successful. I've put over a hundred rounds through it with no failures of any kind. I've used over a box of ball and a box of hollow points and it functions flawlessly. Now I'm going to have to work on the trigger and grips. It's kind of a painful little rascal to shoot. Out to 7 yards, it's accurate enough in rapid fire to do some pretty serious damage. If I'd have known it was going to be that easy, I would have kept my PF-9. It also had a feeding problem and I got tired of fooling with it at the range.

G

·
Get yourself a set of finger extensions (You can do a search of this site for info) there are 2 kinds that will work, Bersa and NAA. Next get a Hoage Handall Jr. these will reduce the felt recoil considerably. Good luck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
barnettbill said:
Get yourself a set of finger extensions (You can do a search of this site for info) there are 2 kinds that will work, Bersa and NAA. Next get a Hoage Handall Jr. these will reduce the felt recoil considerably. Good luck.
Thanks for the info - I'll give that a try.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Some really like the finger extensions (actually 3 kinds now) and some really like the +1 as a finger extension. I fall into the later as I don't like the extra width/sharp edges that the finger extensions add. But then, like you said, a quick sanding/dremmeling could take care of that too!

They really are enjoyable weapons and part of hte enjoyment is working on them to get them perfect for you!

-Scott

·
Registered
47 Posts
rman said:
I've had a P3-AT for a while now, but was not happy with its reliability. I was not confident in it enough to carry it concealed. I am no craftsman, but I decided to do a fluff & buff on it. I didn't do the whole routine. I just polished the feed ramp and the barrel underlug. I spent about 2 hours in front of the tv with 400 and then 600 grit. The results were remarkable. My last 2 trips to the range have been very successful. I've put over a hundred rounds through it with no failures of any kind. I've used over a box of ball and a box of hollow points and it functions flawlessly. Now I'm going to have to work on the trigger and grips. It's kind of a painful little rascal to shoot. Out to 7 yards, it's accurate enough in rapid fire to do some pretty serious damage. If I'd have known it was going to be that easy, I would have kept my PF-9. It also had a feeding problem and I got tired of fooling with it at the range.

Try this also, it makes the pistol so much nicer to handle;

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=104;action=display;num=1180018193

Full directions and comments on above link to Must Do: Fluff & Buff additions.

·
Registered
459 Posts
barnettbill said:

Yep, I have that exact setup. Bersa finger extension and Hogue Handall Jr. slipon. Makes the gun schaaaaweeeeet!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.