Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a p3at like last november and have been tinkering around with it since then (HNNxx to give you an idea how old it is).  It was pretty flaky at first but they sent me the new extractor and that fixed most problems.  I was still having some light strike problems and cut the firing pin spring.  That about fixed me up but I still had some extraction problems just every once in a while.  About a month ago I finally just boxed it up and sent it in.  2 weeks later it was back at my door.  They didn't specify what they did although I know I have the same slide frame and barrel.  Whatever they did worked.  Its run through about 250 rounds of santa barbara since then without problem.  

not only did they fix my problem, but they also sent me a check for my $10 ups shipping cost.  Thats nice service.  S&W still tops them by sending a call tag, but I certainly can't complain.  

I did try to run a box of new .380 fmj rounds through it today made by a company called "independence"   They do not get along well with the p3at.  I tried 50 of them first and had at least 6 extraction problems where the brass stayed in the chamber and wasn't even under the extractor anymore.  After that box of 50 I fired about 75 rounds of santa barbara without a hiccup.

I think now its finally time to send it to jack f. for some plating because the blueing is well....kinda crappy.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Others have had problems with Independence so I wouldn't stress over that much. I wonder if it's made by American Ammuniction (A-MERC). In addition to the similar name theme, it sounds like similar quality... or the lack thereof. :-/

I have a P32 and P40 slide I've been meaning to send to Jack. Let me know how you like yours.

·
Registered
447 Posts
After Keltec fixed my gun I went to the range and ran 2 boxes of independance through my p3at with zero failures, but after reading reports on this board, I no longer use the stuff. Remmington UMC has always seemed to work well for me and its cheap too ;D.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.