Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to thank all the posters here, especially those who are very knowledgeable about the P3AT and are willing to share their wealth of information with the rest of us.

I started out looking for a P3AT for my son after he indicated an interest.  Turns out he was only interested because he had heard me talk about a couple of good friends who have P3AT's.  He fooled me pretty good by having me do the work to find one, then giving it to me as a gift to lighten my spirits after going through a round of 40 radiation treatments for Hodgkins Lymphoma.  Pretty great kid !

After one of my friends told me about this board, I really started paying attention, did a lot of lurking and absorbing knowledge.   My P3AT is the version with the Hard Chrome slide, has a 'J' serial number, and I finally had the opportunity to take it to the range last week.   WOW, what a jewel !   The kick from such a small gun is more than I expected, but since I normally carry and shoot a Kimber 3 inch 45 cal., it didn't take long to get used to the P3AT.

It shot great right off the bat, all I did was dissamble it and give it a good cleaning and lubing before taking it to the range.  Two boxes of ammo went downrange without any problems, one 50 round box of Remington 88 grain JHP's, and one 50 round box of Fiocchi 90 grain FMJHP's (something a local gun dealer uses and recommended). Accurate enough at short to medium range, I am sure it will get the job done if ever needed.

After reading posts here, I acquired the DeSantis Nemasis (sp?) pocket holster, 1 round mag extenders for both mags, right side belt clip and Hogue Jr. rubber grip.  Found everything on e-bay for below retail cost.   Had a problem with one of the 1 round magazine extenders, the 'L' shaped floor plate snapped in two on installation.  It broke at one of the little indentions stamped into the long side of the 'L'.  I called Kel-Tec, they sent two more out that same day..... that was the same great customer service that so many here have talked about.

Another happy owner, now I have a GREAT pocket carry weapon !   ;D

G

·
dave t. good report, u are also shooting good ammo to. keep it up, they only get smoother with more rounds through them. ;D

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Welcome and great report! Sounds like you've got a good young'un too!

Best wishes for continued fun with the gun and for your health.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Welcome Dave,

I also use and really like the Remington HP,
100 rounds without a hiccup.

All the best to you,

Rob

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
DaveT said:
My P3AT is the version with the Hard Chrome slide, has a 'J' serial number, and I finally had the opportunity to take it to the range last week. WOW, what a jewel !
That’s a fine choice in finishes.

Wilson – who’s glad to see another hard chrome aficionado ;D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.