Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to sound like a fanboy, but I had one of the first 2nd gen rfbs and the gas system was horrible. 40+ and still locking back. So kt emailed me a label and I shipped it off. I just got it back and wow!!!! I havent shot it yet but here is a list of upgrades for anyone with a smilair problem or if u r sendng yours in for service. 1. Upgraded bolt, (my daughter said it must be made of solid gold!) 2. Beefier extractors. 3. Reworked and polished feed ramps and lips. 4. Honed chamber. 5. A completely new style of piston and tube! I know it sux having malfunctions on a brand new weapon but Andrew not only attacted the gas issue, he upgraded everything he could. I am impressed once more by kt. Hopefully all new rfb's are leaving florida with these new upgrades. I write this for anyone having issues or are sending their rifle in for repairs. Use this list to your advantage. I cant wait till friday so i can put 100 rounds of DAG through it. I will post results.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant seem to load pics from my phone.. the piston has 5 rings and the extractor seems thicker and more material in places. The tube the piston goes into has a notch on the bottom on the operator side of the tube. Maybe this might be standard on rfbs now but mine didnt have this stuff. I will try to upload pics again later.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I cant seem to load pics from my phone.. the piston has 5 rings and the extractor seems thicker and more material in places. The tube the piston goes into has a notch on the bottom on the operator side of the tube. Maybe this might be standard on rfbs now but mine didnt have this stuff. I will try to upload pics again later.
Where did you buy your RFB? I don't live that far away from you and I'm in the market for one. And also, how did it shoot after the repairs/upgrades?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts