Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got started early on this one. Made a quick pass around the first row of tables and returned to the door area. Lotta peple coming in with guns. Most wanted retail pices. Caught one guy with this gun. He said he was going to go swap it in on an AR15-22 of some kind and they had not offered him much at his LGS. He said .380 ammo was to expensive to shoot now too. He wanted 275 for it and had paid 325 for it new. I offered the guy a bill less than he wanted and he quickly went down to 225. He had the box for the gun and an extra mag in the box, no papers. Settled it for 2 bills and he went looking for his AR.

Gun really isn't a small .380. It is much the same sixe as a PT 111 9 mill Millenium I had some years back. So it is slightly larger than the KT P11 in size.
It is stainless slide on black poly, 3 dot sights, ambi safety, thumb mag release, semi=auto only striker fired with no second strike DA. Actually no DA at all. It would have to be racked again if the gun failed to fire a round. It is a Pro model, blike others I have with DA capability, but is onl SA. Checked the Taurus site for it or a similar gun, but I did not notice one with a capacity of 15+1 of the .380 cal rounds. So it holds alot. Gun had hardly a mark on it Mags had no wear either. Couldn't pass it up for 2 bills even though it was kinda big for a .380.

Took it outside today quickly. All I had done was run a bore brush through it Sunday. Loaded with 15 rounds of Am Eagle FMJs and did the old Taurus hold of right over the mark. It was pretty well centered for a few rounds. So o.k. Then I rapid fired the rest. Good easy shooting gun. Easy to rack the slide on it too. Quick sight recovery, even for a blind guy. It would be a nice gun to shoot with if .380 was cheap. Won't happen.

Took some pics. As usual photobucket wasn't cooperating with me. So here is a generic pic and a good review I found.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/taurus-pt-638-pro-review/

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice gun! I like the rail too.
Not much of a rail, but it is a rail. Took this one out again today and ran some Rem FMJs at 10 yds. Group was about 6 inches. O.k. but not great at that distance. Good enough for combat I guess.

Tried some Russian stuff. May have been Wolf, but it was in another box of mixed stuff. It did like 3 inches with that. Recoil was a bit more. But with this size gun, easy to control.

Gun fired both types well centered on a 15 inch P.V. pizza box target. With a dead on hold the groups were still about 2 inches below POA at 10 yds. Good enouh for close range combat. Sights were plenty easy to pick up even with my poor eyesight.

So far I have only fired about 3 mags of assorted FMJs through it and it hasn't missed a beat. Didn't even clean it, except to run a brush through the bore. Will probably try some old mixed JHPs I have in a box. Gotta see what it will do with that. Can't shoot much of the stuff cause it seems to go up with the price of gold and oil on the stock market.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts