Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone shot tannerite with their P-3AT? Results? How far out were you?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm assuming it went something like this: Chick-chick... Bang..."Booooom!".
Then the shooter looks over his shoulder to his buddy with a big smirk. Lolz!

"Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six."

-- Booker T. Washington

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Shooting tannerite at close range could have very bad results for anybody in the immediate area. That's more of a rifle's job than a P3's.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Shooting tannerite at close range could have very bad results for anybody in the immediate area. That's more of a rifle's job than a P3's.
I totally agree, that stuff is pretty dangerous. I watched someone shoot it with a Ar15, it was a medium to larger can of tannerite. They put a truck tire on top of it and the tire went 20 or 30 feet in the air. I would not want to be anywhere near that. :eek:

Edit: I seem to remember that it said to use a rifle to shoot it anyway, I think a high velocity round is needed to set it off. I don't know if a 380 would do it but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I totally agree, that stuff is pretty dangerous. I watched someone shoot it with a Ar15, it was a medium to larger can of tannerite. They put a truck tire on top of it and the tire went 20 or 30 feet in the air. I would not want to be anywhere near that. :eek:

Edit: I seem to remember that it said to use a rifle to shoot it anyway, I think a high velocity round is needed to set it off. I don't know if a 380 would do it but I could be wrong.
That is what I was wondering, thanks CJ.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts