·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new Sub2K Gen 2 yesterday and realized in short order that
I need something on the buffer tube for cheek weld that is easier on the
face.
There only seems to be two vendors available, as the title says, which one
have you tried and what is your opinion?
I was going to just order the Gator, but saw the photo on their web site with
their name embossed down the side; not sure I want to be an advertising
platform for their company, but if it's the best of the two, I'll pull the
trigger.
Comments?
Jack

·
Registered
600 Posts
I'm sure it doesn't matter. I have a tacticool. Just keep in mind that if you adjust the stock length from the longest that the cover will need to be trimmed. This will cut off the part near the stock, leaving no rubber to encircle the tube. I fixed this with a little rubber cement to keep it from flopping.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I went ahead and ordered the Tandemkross cover because I also ordered the Eagle Eye open sight from them.
If the Gator isn't to my liking, I get the tacticalcool cover and give it a try. We are not talking about big money here.
Thanks for everyones input.
Jack

·
Registered
574 Posts
Ordered the tacticool buffer for my sub2k and will put my 2 cents worth in when I receive it. I don't like the big logo on the Tandem Kross cover.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went for the tacticool. either will work to keep the cold steel off your cheek. Much betterer.
Tacticool (free shipping) and since you have it apart, the sumo charging handle fron twisted industries. Easy to charge the weapon. No sharp spots
BTW...tacticool shipping is light speed. I don't know how they do it.
I have to agree with all of the above!! I thought I would tell about my order. I got my Sub-2000 late last week. I got on the KTOG forum to "learn stuff". After reading many posts here and after shouldering it in the house a few times, I knew I needed to order a Bolt Tube Cover.

I ordered it Saturday morning and got it in the mail TODAY!!!! WOW, that was fast and free to ship. Great service and after installing it, I am very impressed. Not only is it more comfortable on my cheek, but more importantly, that little added thickness makes the sight picture easier to acquire. Thanks Tacticool!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.