Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ends up it can be done, even with an un-magnified red dot. :D

https://youtu.be/D-T5LRIBkoo

When I saw Classic Firearms had the RDB in stock for $900 I decided I'd try one out, see how it performed, and do a review/comparison with the Tavor.

I took the RDB out to a run-n-gun last week and passed it around to the guys in my shooting group to run too. There's lots of video of the RDB in action from the event:

https://youtu.be/hkhB0Apuxwk

I'm working on doing a full review video and comparing with the Tavor (not from a "go to war" perspective but from a shooting enthusiast's perspective). It should be out within a couple of weeks or so. So far I'm pretty happy with the Kel Tec and it has raised some eyebrows in my shooting crew.

*Guys I tried some different ways to get the youtube vids to embed but no luck yet - bear with me!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Awesome, I been wanting to see more reviews on the RDB. In your comparison video with the Tavor don't forget to mention that the RDB has a double barrel pressed barrel (did I say that right?) as I think that's important to mention.
Looking forward to watching the videos.
Thanks/

·
Registered
54 Posts
BTW, you might also post this over on bullpupforum.com in the RDB section

(I no longer visit that forum; It appears the owner is in the pocket of a certain manufacturer and is bias in his posts, locks threads that might have truthful damaging information against the manufacturer, blocks users who speak negatively about the upcoming firearm / manufacturer, etc.. He has the right to do so as owner of the forum but I can't participate in that as a matter of principal...)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Pistol-Pete thanks for the videos below. Is Spent Brass your channel? I've commented on the channel; believe the scar vs bren vid. Anyway, thanks for the links man and the good work...i've embedded them below for us.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-T5LRIBkoo&feature=youtu.be"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-T5LRIBkoo&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkhB0Apuxwk&feature=youtu.be"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkhB0Apuxwk&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Pistol-Pete thanks for the videos below. Is Spent Brass your channel? I've commented on the channel; believe the scar vs bren vid. Anyway, thanks for the links man and the good work...i've embedded them below for us.
Thanks for the kind words & for embedding the vids HBeretta!

I looked at the link code and there's no way I would have figured that out myself (I even searched and didn't understand the instructions I found lol.

Yup Spent Brass is my channel. It's not monetized or anything, we just do it for fun. It started out as posting videos of our run-n-gun events on my personal channel so the guys that shoot at them can show their buddies/families. Other people ended up watching and asking questions etc so I decided to spin off the shooting videos into their own channel.

I think the community here will like what we come out with in our RDB review/vs Tavor video. The RDB has made a positive impression on the shooters in our crew as a fun rig for recreational shooting.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looking forward to this Tavor -VS- RDB video. This fall I hope to save enough money to buy a Bullpup rifle and the Tavor on this day anyways is at the top of the list. I am looking at the RDB now as well now that I know it's not a double barrel pressed barrel. (Damn). When you say the RDB is "a fun rig for recreational shooting" to me that's a nice way of saying it's not a Tavor but don't tell me...... I'll wait for the video to come out.
It may turn out like the Bren -Vs- SCAR video on what will the extra $500 for the SCAR get you that the Bren can't do? I won't be a spoiler for those who hadn't seen it. They'll just have to watch the video.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
First time watching your channel. I liked the vids, and it looked like tons of fun. Looking forward to the review.
Thanks Truckmonkey!!!

Looking forward to this Tavor -VS- RDB video. This fall I hope to save enough money to buy a Bullpup rifle and the Tavor on this day anyways is at the top of the list. I am looking at the RDB now as well now that I know it's not a double barrel pressed barrel. (Damn). When you say the RDB is "a fun rig for recreational shooting" to me that's a nice way of saying it's not a Tavor but don't tell me...... I'll wait for the video to come out.
It may turn out like the Bren -Vs- SCAR video on what will the extra $500 for the SCAR get you that the Bren can't do? I won't be a spoiler for those who hadn't seen it. They'll just have to watch the video.
You're very perceptive rjhyland. :D

My crew and I have had several conversations about how to compare the two rifles. I don't think it's a spoiler to share that we believe the biggest difference between the two rifles is that the Tavor is a military rifle designed for combat which also happens to be marketed to civilians, while the RDB is a rifle designed for civilian use.

While we do have some LEOs & Veterans in our group of shooters, none of us are considering the RDB for active duty, and we suspect no one in our audience is watching our videos to figure out which rifle they should bring into combat. So we decided to approach the comparison from a civilian/range use perspective.

That being said, if you've checked out any of our run-n-gun videos you know that for civilians we run our gear about as hard as anyone out there. So it'll be from a very agressive civilian use perspective, which so far seems to bode well for the RDB.

Other bits of info, like me having to send my Tavor back for repairs right after buying it and the Tavor CHOKING during a side by side mag dump vs the RDB (yes we have it on film lol) will make for a very interesting video. ;)

I kind of want to put some more rounds through my RDB to further test durability and maybe even do a little more accuracy before putting the review together.

·
Registered
54 Posts
In a week I will be using my RDB during an aerial gunning "academy" for qualification this year to shoot invasives from the helicopter. It should be fairly intensive over the course of a couple of days. I will be taking a Bushmaster XM15 as backup, though I doubt I will need it. Really looking forward to see how it stacks up against ARs and AKs under stress trying to hit targets from a moving helicopter.

I will likely make a new thread if I can manage any photos/videos, especially if anything interesting happens.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
In a week I will be using my RDB during an aerial gunning "academy" for qualification this year to shoot invasives from the helicopter. It should be fairly intensive over the course of a couple of days. I will be taking a Bushmaster XM15 as backup, though I doubt I will need it. Really looking forward to see how it stacks up against ARs and AKs under stress trying to hit targets from a moving helicopter.

I will likely make a new thread if I can manage any photos/videos, especially if anything interesting happens.
Duuuuuuuuuuuuude..... get video!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts

about to send you a gopro

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.