Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I hate to say it, but it looks like they have messed with a great design to produce a 3D printed thinner, rougher, less adaptable model. I have the old style from them and have highly recommended it to many people, but I might have to change my opinion. The new one does look easier to install, though.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I don't care for it either. I have the older one and while it was a little tougher to install, it really is comfortable. That looks cheap to me. Just my $0.02 worth.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, wasn’t what I was expecting. It definitely looks 3D printed. Also it is fairly hard. Not comfortable on cheek. He did promptly refund my money which I appreciate. Now off to order a different brand.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
The first rule... don't screw around with things that work. It's a pretty simple rule. In other words, don't fix something that isn't broken. I didn't read the letter.

Maybe this will help, unless you plan to use it in an extremely cold climate you probably don't need one. Having written that I have no idea what your AO is. I wrote that for you to consider.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The first rule... don't screw around with things that work. It's a pretty simple rule. In other words, don't fix something that isn't broken. I didn't read the letter.

Maybe this will help, unless you plan to use it in an extremely cold climate you probably don't need one. Having written that I have no idea what your AO is. I wrote that for you to consider.

yep. Thanks for the info. AO is FL so you’re probably right. But it’s hard not to accessorize these things.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
The old one, for $16 frt paid, just made the hold more comfortable regardless of weather. I recommend you look into the Mcarbo one even if it is more money. I love my original from Tacticool. Of course, you can make your own with pipe insulation foam from Lowes also.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Pipe insulation foam works great. I used a short strip of the wrap around pipe insulation to make a buttstock pad for mine. Works like a charm since there is little recoil in a 9mm. It just covers all the sharp ridges on the buttstock that used to leave a mark on my shoulder after shooting my subbie.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ordered a bolt tube cover and this is apparently a new design he came out with recently. Anyone else have one? View attachment 57327 View attachment 57325 View attachment 57326
I received mine from McArbo nice clean install I also added a riser and a red dot 🔴 went to the range and found that with the riser and red dot my cheek doesn’t rub against the bolt tube. It took 8 rounds to zero in at 100 yards I ran the rest of the 17 round mag and obliterated the center of the target

·
Registered
1 Posts
The one from Tacticool was not available when I wanted to order for the Sub 9 so I got some thin pipe ins., trimmed it to fit then covered it with huge (8 mcm I think it was) electrical shrink wrap for drop lines and trimmed that. Not really removeable but it won't move or come off unless it's "removed". I did get a Mcarbo for the SUB .40 and it does what it needs to do!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts