Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

got this bear while elk hunting, small but very nice color and should be good eating  :)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Nice! I really wanted to try bear hunting this season, but turns out the bears here in Mississippi are big time protected. Maybe some day...

·
Registered
9,440 Posts
That's cool, any way you look at it. We had a bear in the yard this summer. They are in season now, but in hiding also.

·
Registered
595 Posts
That sure is a pretty coat.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Believe I'd have to make a rug outta that one!

Good job.

Oh and, nice gun. :cool:

·
Registered
350 Posts
+1on the rug, nice animal. :cool: It's good to see the RFB in hunting mode! ;)

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
That's a really nice bear. The photo makes it look like the bear had a hard day, came home, took a nice hot shower, and the fell asleep watching TV. ;D ;D I agree with those who told you to mount this one. What are the bear's measurements---weight, head, height, etc.?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the nice comments.

yes I am getting it rugged, closed mouth, I told the taxidermist that a small snarling chocolate bear wouldn't scare anyone ;D

I shot it at 50 yd, dbl lunged it, ran 30 yds and piled up. I was elk hunting in a steep thick area and was not expecting any long shots.

As far as measurements none at this time , my partner got an elk that same day so we worked our ass off just to get them off the hill in good shape.

some where on this board under trail cameras I have a link to vids of some bear and elk in this area.

·
Registered
24 Posts
smoothiniron said:
got this bear while elk hunting, small but very nice color and should be good eating  :)
Maybe you need to go bear hunting so you can get your elk   ;)   +1 on the rug, really nice color !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts