Supressed RDBs, What ya got?

Discussion in 'RDB Bullpup Rifle' started by ClassicForearm, Nov 12, 2017 at 2:08 PM.

1. ClassicForearm

ClassicForearm Member

Oct 26, 2017
    Maybe not today... Maybe not tomorrow... But some day I will have a suppressed RDB. Looking for any and all info and recommendations for getting into a suppressor on one of these bad boys.

2. st381

st381 Member

Feb 9, 2016
    The RDB suppresses very well. I use a Rugged Surge 762. Very little gas to the face.

ClassicForearm likes this.

3. BlakeHanson

BlakeHanson Well-Known Member

May 31, 2015
    Well that takes all the fun out of it rolleyes.gif ...
    [​IMG]

4. Trunkmonkey

Trunkmonkey Member

Jun 4, 2017
    I have a silencerco Omega with a 556 end cap that I will be putting on the RDB eventually. I'm still working out bugs in my rifle though. Good tone, light weight, decent mounting, and has been durable through many mag dumps on my AR pistol and rifle.

5. iamscottasus

iamscottasus Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Same here. would like to use the A2 mount.
    This relegates me to offerings from:
    Griffin
    Gemtech
    SWR
    AAC
    SRT
    Knights
    Quicksilver(NLA?)
    Oceana Defense

JoKeR 1 likes this.
  6. Trunkmonkey

Trunkmonkey Member

Jun 4, 2017
    It's convenient to use an A2, but not all A2 style muzzle devices that come on firearms are to spec. You might end up changing it anyways. Of course an A2 is less expensive than the silencerco flash hider I use, but I do really like them and they don't make that annoying ringing like some three prong hiders. In the end, I feel the tone, weight, length, and durability are the most important part of the choice as long as it has a solid mounting method. Everyone has there own preference when it comes to prioritizing important features

7. Trunkmonkey

Trunkmonkey Member

Jun 4, 2017
    11.5" with Omega next to 16" with silencerco flash hidder. IMG_2087.JPG

8. iamscottasus

iamscottasus Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Yes, I know its not ideal. The idea is to be able to transfer the can to a variety of weapons, which may not be mine, using the A2, and choose the can that is most spec tolerant. To that end, Im thinking the Gemtech Halo.

9. Trunkmonkey

Trunkmonkey Member

Jun 4, 2017
    I see. I don't own any Gemtech products other than a 92fs threaded barrel, but everything I've seen says they make really good cans. I like how their end caps can accept a ratchet to unscrew the mono core while breaking up the carbon build up.

10. 44Runner

44Runner Member

Oct 14, 2017
    I ordered a Griffin Optimus the other day. I'll tell you how it works on the RDB in about a year...

iamscottasus likes this.
  11. 775Patriot

775Patriot Member

Aug 7, 2017
    I’m using an AAC 7.62 sdn6 on my RDB. No issues, little to no gas in the face, and suppression is awesome. Great combo.

12. rcm192

rcm192 Member

May 10, 2017
    Omega for me. Very quiet and a great host for me so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]