Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
RFB18 (Gen1) RDB17 (1:9 )
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious about people experiences using a supressor on the Rfb (308) or the Rdb (556).

I recently got an Hxwrx 30 cal can and have only shot it on the Rdb.I had a 4inch poi shift (high) at 100 yards (it was also in the low 30 degrees outside).
I also found I could open the gas up 2 clicks from b+6 to b+8 before I induced cycling issues.

What's your experience?
Air gun Trigger Gun accessory Gas Gun barrel
Colorfulness Font Magenta Circle Parallel

· Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a ridiculous poi shift at 40 yards with my RDB. If I tell you how much it was you'll call me a liar. Totally unusable. I might contact Keltec but I haven't yet years later.
What variant rdb and what supressor?
(I also would never call you a liar)
Im just curios if the way the gun is causes a poi shift or if its certain heavier supressors.
I know direct thread seems to cause the least in zero shift even on the rdb.

· Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Shouldn't need a piston on a rifle. In fact it could cause issues over time. The piston disconnects the can from the pistol barrel and adds energy to it so that the slide is forced back. That isn't needed in a rifle where the barrel is stationary. It could also negatively affect the threads. Try direct threading the can to a rifle barrel or use a 3 lug QC or other proprietary QC.

Yes, I know folks locally who use pistons where they aren't needed and I try to convince them. I have no idea if my convincing works or not. But research it yourself.

FWIW, the Surefire can that I wrote about above used a timed Surefire QC adapter.
LOL it just replaces the one already in it (RFB 18).
Product Auto part Font Automotive tire Engineering
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Bicycle part Rim
Finger Auto part Household hardware Thumb Audio equipment
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Motor vehicle
Peripheral Finger Wood Input device Line
Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts