Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,211 Posts
I got a ridiculous poi shift at 40 yards with my RDB. If I tell you how much it was you'll call me a liar. Totally unusable. I might contact Keltec but I haven't yet years later.

· Registered
1,211 Posts
When I bought mine there was only one model if I remember correctly. I think it has a 17 or 18" barrel. The can is a Surefire 5.56k sealed unit. I can move the can to other rifles and the POI shift isn't even worth considering. I put the can on a 16" pencil barrel (my worst case) and the impact shift doesn't exist and groups shrink slightly.

I think the problem with my RDB is a lousy threading job but that's just a guess. Rather than playing the "Is this barrel good" game and sending the gun back and forth until I got a good one I just gave up and never tried to get it right. The birdcage flash hider is back in place. It's not exactly a loss because I do like the RDB being short. I would like having the option though.

I got curious about the model and just checked to see if I could nail it down better. All it says on the furniture is RDB. I know it doesn't have a 20" barrel.

The POI shift? It was so extreme that I thought I was getting baffle strikes. But I didn't see any. I think it was 6 or 8" at 40 yards. It's been awhile, but it was at least 6".

· Registered
1,211 Posts
Shouldn't need a piston on a rifle. In fact it could cause issues over time. The piston disconnects the can from the pistol barrel and adds energy to it so that the slide is forced back. That isn't needed in a rifle where the barrel is stationary. It could also negatively affect the threads. Try direct threading the can to a rifle barrel or use a 3 lug QC or other proprietary QC.

Yes, I know folks locally who use pistons where they aren't needed and I try to convince them. I have no idea if my convincing works or not. But research it yourself.

FWIW, the Surefire can that I wrote about above used a timed Surefire QC adapter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts