Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5EiY5ntXYw[/ame]

Are there threaded barrels available for the PMR-30? I was thinking there were none available but the youtube link seems to prove otherwise.

·
Registered
221 Posts
when i tryed it with my threaded barrel last yr the blowback was so bad i took the can off and never want to do it again..it didnt set well with me either..
and i only fired 2 shots lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn thats dissapointing. I have a Tactical Solutions can I was wanting to break in on my PMR...

·
Registered
458 Posts
I don't know about the supressor, but seeing two PMR-30s in the same place at the same time, now that's news!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was told not to use mine unless the barrel is at least 18 inches. That might only apply to my can. I really don't know.
Did your can manufacturer tell you that or did Kel-Tec?

Honestly, watching the youtube video they guy shooting the suppressed PMR doesn't seem to be having any problem with blowback. Maybe he took those problem into account when designing that can?

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Make the video larger and focus on the shooters face. He's getting a face full with each shot. He even seems like he flinches from the back-blast.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Make the video larger and focus on the shooters face. He's getting a face full with each shot. He even seems like he flinches from the back-blast.
I didn't see too much back blast hitting his face. But maybe.

I'll let you know how it goes when I test one myself, hopefully soon. I was sceptical that it could be done safely and pleasantly (to the shooter). But Thompson machine insisted they could do it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
the first time i fired my pmr i forgot the glasses..big mistake that i wont do again..i got peppered,and my daughter said she felt something..at 15 yds all my paper targets have spray all around the paper...dosent everyone elses?

btw,i sold my threaded barrel and a one of at the time skeletonized slide for 400 bucks..it did come with a few brakes also..but it made me feel better about the 800 bucks i gave for it all..i should have gotton another pmr:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Unless yo just plain run into an emergency and must pull the trigger, always, always always use safety glasses when shooting, especially pistols.

Had a double charged .45 case grenade on me a few weeks ago, blew the CM shooting star mag out, reseated the next round 1/8 further in and scorched the bullet blasted the welded base off the mag, launched the mag spring 20' away, filled my action with scorched brass granules cut my face in 4 places, punched through my nostril so my nose was bleeding internally and externally, put 3 scratches into and imbedded another chunk of brass in my safeties, without safeties, at least one of those would have gone through my lower eyelid and probably punctured the eyeball.

Scared the heck out of me and convinced me of the need to protect my eyes well when shooting.

That said, being that the .22 mag is hypersonic, it will always be somewhat loud and that it is a hybrid action, you probably do not want to deliberately increase the pressures, might take it, might not. Get a .22lr for your can.

·
Registered
9 Posts

lordy, you do not even have to look at his face... the blowback is clearly visible coming at him...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts