Superfly not always super sticky

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Spikejerk, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Spikejerk

Spikejerk New Member

I just started carrying my P3AT in the Desantis Superfly over the last couple of weeks. It's basically a Nemesis with a removable anti print panel. Some feel it's a little too thick, but it suits me just fine. It's really no thicker that a nylon tri-fold wallet.

The rubber they use on the Superfly is much tackier than the Nemesis, and will stay in your pocket in most cases. The only problem I've found is that if you're running with two dogs while the holster is in your nylon running shirts, and one dog sees another jogger she wants to meet, and the other dog sees a squirrel that she wants to chase, and both dogs cross each other (and their leashes) in front of you while trying to get to their goals, and while doing this they manage to trip you up (because you happen to be running at the time remember), as you fall the holster just might not stay in your pocket and it'll land at the feet of the jogger that the first dog wanted to meet. . . . . . Well then the Superfy might not be for you. If you can avoid this situation however, I think it's a great little holster. Plus you can remove the flap and basically have a Nemesis.

Oh yeah, on the bright side, since it landed with the anti-print panel facing up, the other jogger simply pointed out that I dropped my wallet and kept on going.

Maybe I need to invest in a Smartcarry?

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    The smartcarry is very, well, uh, smart. It would work well in your scenario. I run (as best I can run) in a smartcarry with a P3AT without noticing it. Put the P40 in it and I notice it a bit more.

And to all the nay-sayers out there, just imagine that same scenario without having the P3AT in the pocket holster. Just imagine how much more dangerous the weapon falling to the ground would have been if it had not been in the superfly. Just imagine what might have hit the trigger as it hit the ground. Just imagine....[​IMG]

Sounds like all involved came out of it without a scrape - or at least without any major ones!

-Scott

3. cclem700

cclem700 New Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Thanks for the info! Now I have another good reason NOT to jog ;)

4. praetorian

praetorian New Member

Oct 25, 2007
    I hear that!