Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just added a Sumo charge handle to my 9mm Sub2k. Still runs reliably with subsonic and light range loads. For $30 it adds twice the weight to the buffer vs the KT brass buffer. I wasn't looking to reduce the felt recoil, just to reduce the chance of OOB with hotter & +P ammo.

Best part, it's a lot more comfortable to operate vs the stock handle.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I tried the Sumo with Brass bolt on both 9 & 40 Gen2's. Didn't work to well for me. I had trouble removing the bolt on my 9mm during cleaning. Bolt was very hard to remove due to outer tube peened due to Sumo shaft hitting end of slot on battery. After shooting my 40 had same problem. I removed Sumo and installed extended 2 finger Mcarbo charging handle. I don't recommend Sumo with brass bolt. Should be OK with steel bolt. After couple hundred rounds might be good to check and make sure Sumo shaft is not hitting end of slot when bolt slams closed. Compared to Stock charging handle that's a big increase in mass on end of charging handle shaft slamming forward. I also think I would rather have added weight centerline instead of below the bolt. I also find it a lot easier to pull bolt and charge with 2 fingers. That's just my opinion

·
Registered
221 Posts
TommyG,

Sorry to hear that, I am running both the Sumo and brass bolt on a G22 gen2 with the reduced speed 180 gr Winchester T&D ammo suppressed with good success cycles well, recoil is fine with no ear pro quiet.

BP-1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.