Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Been reading up on Sub2000s on here for a while now, but just joined the forum. Did a little bit of research, but didn't find an answer to one question I have.

I just got a Gen2 in .40 (M&P magazines to go with my 5" .40 Pro). Is my second KelTec, with a KSG being my first... which is a cool shotgun. Tried to keep it somewhat basic, as I have other similar carbines (9mm CX4, .45 D/I AR, Uberti 1860 Henry, and a Ruger .44 Carbine... the tube fed one)... but like the compactness of the Sub2000. It is the nickel-boron version (my M&Ps have the controls, barrels, and magazines done in nickel-boron), but not doing anything more than a light, sling (which I adapted a double magazine pouch to integrate into the sling), and forend grip.

Anyways, I've seen a lot of people recommend the heavy bolt and Sumo charging handle for the .40 guns. Can deal with recoil, but prefer to dampen the bolt's movement... but not a fan of buffers (seen add-in buffers on other gun designs cause issues). I am running the Tacticool tube cover, which I prefer covering up metal on guns that my cheek would ride on (first purchase for my KSG was a cheek rest). Don't want to pull that, but figured I'd ask if the Sumo handle will work with the cover, instead of buying and then returning it.

Thanks for any input on this. Will take a few pictures of my Sub2000 and post them sometime this week.

-John

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John,

Yes the Sumo bolt handle and the Tacticool tube cover are compatible together. I run both of them and the KT heavy brass bolt on my Gen. 2, 40 S&W for 180 gr suppressed shooting.

BP-1
Thanks for the information... just ordered both parts.

Here's a shot of my gun.

The three magazines need to be plated, as I wanted to get a few to stick with the gun. The sling is a MS4, and I added a Blackhawk magazine pouch to the short section of sling, so I always have on board ammo.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Anybody have a problem with heavy bolt (Brass) and Sumo charging handle? I found my heavy bolt galling and binding due to Sumo hitting end of bolt slot going into battery. This was on both my Gen 2's 9 & 40. If you install heavy bolt and Sumo check about hundred rounds or so for bolt galling. I removed Sumo and installed Mcarbo charging handle and the extended handle works better for me. Can't tell any difference in recoil and so far no galling or binding of bolt assembly. I think the brass Heavy bolt is great in Sub 2000, but too soft for Steel Sumo Charging handle. One or the other, but not both unless you want to grind end of slot for more clearance. This is just my experience with Heavy bolt and Sumo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.