Sub9 Glock Grip

Discussion in 'Sub9 and Sub2000 Rifles' started by Sandyu85, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Sandyu85

Sandyu85 Member

Feb 8, 2018
    I have a Sub9 with the factory 9mm grip handle. Apparently, it is possible to change out the grip to one that takes Glock mags. Keltec says this is possible, but they do not have any Glock grips they are willing to give. Does anyone know where I can get a Sub9 Glock magazine grip?
    Thanks.

2. gusfinley

gusfinley Member

Aug 6, 2012
    SLC, UT
    Ask them for the CAD/CAM files, so you can have one machined at your local CNC shop, since they won't make one for you.

3. Sandyu85

Sandyu85 Member

Feb 8, 2018
    Thanks - tried that - they would not provide, since Sub9 is no longer supported. They were holding on to the remaining Sub9 parts for "repairs".

850sub likes this.
  4. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    Define "factory 9mm grip handle"? Call them back and ask if they would be willing to do a swap. My Glock 22 Sub9 has a poorly cut grip panel on one side. They were willing to send me a replacement on the condition I sent the bad panel to them first. I never followed through on it because it doesn't affect the way mine shoots. But the worst they can say is no.

5. Sandyu85

Sandyu85 Member

Feb 8, 2018
    It is the one piece grip handle into which the magazine is inserted. My grip takes the Keltec magazine, and not the Glock magazine; hence the request for the switch. The tech knew exactly what I was talking about, and even explained how one screw allowed the grip to be removed. He would not give it up though.

6. 3wbdriver

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    I was simply confused by the factory grip handle comment. We usually refer to them by their magazine configurations, so yours would have been a Kel-tec or P11 gripped version. Which just so happens to be a shortened S&W 5906 magazine should you want to look up some regular 15 round versions.

7. Sandyu85

Sandyu85 Member

Feb 8, 2018
    Thanks. I have plenty of the S & W 5906 magazines (ten round-single stack). Was hoping to be able to use G19 15rd double-stack mags without having to use extended mags that protrude out of the grip handle - hope that makes sense. Thanks again for the suggestion.a

3wbdriver likes this.
  8. 3wbdriver

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    I was always under the impression the 5906 was a double stack magazine. I know the p11 and the P40 I had both used double stack mags, and it is pretty common knowledge in here that the P11 mag is a cut down 5906 double stack. Not trying to argue, just trying to make sure we are talking about the same magazines. Either way a 15 round 5906 mag would still be a little longer than the Kel-tec grip, so I understand what you are saying there.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/pro...uger-15-rounds-blue-mgsw5915b-765595440111.do

9. RAT76

RAT76 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    I am a bit confused. Are we really talking about a P11 gripped SUB 9 or a S&W gripped SUB 9? If it's the shorter P11 grip length that might be a rarer beast than the 357 Sigs.

:confused:

speedmaster likes this.