Sub2k Mag Catch Conversion to Sig P320 Not Working

Discussion in 'Sub9 and Sub2000 Rifles' started by jaguar100, Apr 1, 2020.

1. jaguar100

jaguar100 Member

Mar 15, 2020
    Hi all.

Just got a brand new gen 2 sub2k. I got the S & W 9mm model that has the multi-mag capability. I tried to convert the mag catch to the P320, but it doesn't seem to be working. After putting on the P320 catch, my standard size P320 mags are not catching. And ironically, the S&W mag still catches with the P320 converter.

Anybody face this issue? Any advice?

Thanks.

2. Blackkat

Blackkat Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2020
    Hello brother, is your Sig P320 a compact or full size sig? I have a G2 kel tech sub 2000 Smith and Wesson multimag variant as you have. I have mine set up for the Cz75 mag catch. I was under the impression when I first bought the sub that it would accept Cz75 compact mags but it does not. I can only use full size mags for my G2 sub but at the same time my Sar B6C which is a (Cz 75 compact clone) will accept the full size Cz 75 mags. The mag well on my G2 sub is to long or deep to accept compact mags for Cz 75. I was wondering could this be your issue also?

3. jaguar100

jaguar100 Member

Mar 15, 2020
    Sup dude. Thanks for your reply. It turns out you're right and I was ignorant. I was under the impression that all Sig P320 mags are compatible with all P320 models. They are not. I reached out to Keltec support and they said (basically what you said) that the sub2k only works with full size mags, with the exception of the Glock G19. Pretty disappointing. I thought I would have a great carbine/pistol combo with interchangeable mags.

How did you deal with it? Are you using M&P mags or full size Cz75 mags? And are there full size Cz75 mags that also work on your Cz Compact?

BTW, a good friend of mine just got the Cz75 Compact with the Decocker. He loves it. Our group of friends all love it. Great pistol!

Blackkat likes this.
  4. Blackkat

Mar 4, 2020
    Whats up man, I'm glad I was able to help you a little to figure things out or to help you get on track anyway. This is a great form and brother hood we have here and there is a lot of help on this forum. I attached a couple of pictures to further explan how I dealt with some what of the same issue with mag fitment for my G2 sub 2000. In the pictures the mags on the left are 19 rounds Megar Cz 75b and they will fit both my Sar b6p compact (Cz clone) and my G2 sub 2000. The mags on the right are Cz 75b compact and they will only fit my Sar b6p compact pistol. They are 13 rounds each. So I can use the 19 round mags in both the sub 2000 and the sar b6p pistol. So i can set it up to be interchangeable if need be....man I would love to have a Cz75 compact like your friend have. I here great things about the Cz 75's history and track record. Hope you find away to run mags in both Sig P320 and your G2 sub 2000. Stay safe 20200402_145140.jpg 20200402_145315.jpg 20200402_145140.jpg 20200402_145315.jpg

5. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    If you are determined to use the shorter magazine to maintain compatibility with your handgun members have been known to shorten the grips on their Sub2K to make it possible. Glock 17 full size down to Glock 19 compact is a good example. You just need to measure the difference in length between the 2 magazines, remove a little less than that amount from your grip, and than sand or file to fit. This would prevent you from removing too much grip in one cut.

jaguar100 and Blackkat like this.
  6. carwash

carwash Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    Bristol, Pa
    Get a few hi-cap 320 mags for the subby and you'll have full capacity backups for your pistol. Not exactly what you planned but still workable.

jaguar100 and Blackkat like this.
  7. Blackkat

Mar 4, 2020
    I agree and this is exactly what I did with my set up. It works fine for me and its also good to know that I can also cut down the mag well and make it accept the shorter mag if needed. I have also learned something here. Thanks guys

8. jaguar100

jaguar100 Member

Mar 15, 2020
    Yeah, looks like this is what I will end up doing as well. I learned quite a bit. I just wish the Kel-tec marketing was a little more clear around this. Its a bit fuzzy and kind of sketchy where it sort implies all mags from their mag catch kit platforms are acceptable. Blackkat - thanks for the pics and being so responsive overall. Much appreciate it my friend.

9. Blackkat

Mar 4, 2020
    No problem brother, I warned you about all the good folks out here and the willingness to help ones fellow man. I pulled out my keltec sub 2000 box and looked at the paper work like you said they probably could have been a little more clearer on mag fitment but oh well we all some how find away to adjust and keep pushing forward brother. Enjoy you sub and stay safe brother.

jaguar100 likes this.
  10. Stanley Chen

Stanley Chen Member

May 16, 2018
    DFW Texas
    I ran into this issue when I was modifying mine to take Walther PPQ/P99 mags. I modded mag worked fine on an extended mag and refused to catch on my regular PPQ mags. Turned out that Walther designed the P99 to be Glock 19 size and the mags are shorter than the "standard" length. I ended up filing and reshaping the bottom to take my mags after I read an article about people chopping the old Glock mag versions that the grip was sized for the G17. That is until Keltec brought out the shorter G19 size.

jaguar100 likes this.