Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don’t laugh
Mtn bike inner tube, Goodyear, 29’ers at Walmart. About $6.
Measured tube against the sub grip and cut for max coverage and slid it on. Then cut another piece about 3/4 wide and slipped that above the rear of the trigger guard and behind the trigger.
Was simply going for better grip on mag well and was bored at the time.
What I found was that by adding the 3/4 wide piece above the trigger guard and behind the trigger I made a trigger stop. All the rage in the 80’s and 90’s for race guns (pistols),usually made from pencil eraser and some kind of adhesive (superglue).
These tubes and I’m sure others are almost the perfect thickness to creat a trigger stop that allows a pretty fast pull thru all the subs trigger slop and then makes the trigger stack just before sear release. I can’t feel any flex from the plastic trigger before it breaks. I’m sure it does but it isn’t noticeable. The tube behind the trigger still flexes I’m sure but this takes a lot of foolishness out of the whole operation.
Trigger on the gun is all stock and with this accidentally discovered trigger stop, functions a heck of a lot better than from the factory.
The tube fits tight and should last years unless left for months in direct sunlight.
The trigger now feels like a well broken in Glock trigger, hardly match quality but just like a well used Glock trigger it has a wall to hit before release.
Hard to explain but if you’ve shot Glock handguns, a lot you’ll get it
300rds so far, slow and controlled and either the guns breaking in smoother or I’ve trained myself where the trigger breaks with the added resistance the tube gives or both.
Something to think on. If you try this, dry fire a lot before heading to the range.
Sleeve Tints and shades Gun accessory Personal protective equipment Metal

Trigger Gun barrel Air gun Gun accessory Motor vehicle

Sleeve Tints and shades Gun accessory Personal protective equipment Metal
Trigger Gun barrel Air gun Gun accessory Motor vehicle

1 - 2 of 2 Posts