Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time sub owner. I prefer not to mod but see the benefits of a red dot. I plan on the fore rail and am looking for a quality qd red dot. I plan to leave the sights stock. Im going for quality and simplicity here. I was thinking aimpoint t1. Suggestions?

·
Registered
67 Posts
i feel the same way. I like mine perfectly stock. I do not see a reason to throw all kinds of cheap plastic 'mods' all over it. Now, i like building AR's and have done a lot of great builds with all types of upgrades, mods, and parts. However, i love the beauty of the Sub2k and think that adding bulk and eliminating certain features goes against the intent of the design.

On the red dot, i have also tried to think of a way to make it work....while maintaining the ability to still fold the rifle. The only thing i can think of, and it's perfectly ok to steal my idea, is to mount a small piece of quad rail to the top of the handguards and mount a flip-to-the-side mount on it, like the ones we use for magnifiers on AR's. That way, you can have consistency in your BZO, yet have the capability to flip the mount and optic to the side, then folding the rifle to it's normal folded position. To deploy the weapon, simply unfold and flip your optic back to it's top position. Makes sense, but i haven't tried it yet. I also do not think that the handguards are especially stable enough to maintain a good BZO, though it is worth a try. Granted, this weapon will most likely only be expected to reach out 100 yards max.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts