Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the screw sizes for the Gen 2 Sub2k? I want to replace the receiver and forend screws. Can't find the size or thread pitch anywhere.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This thread is right on page one just a few threads below yours. Sometimes a little searching is friend

https://www.thektog.org/threads/monster-bolts-forend-upgrade-s2k.268651/
Although I somewhat appreciate your help/smartalex reply, I already saw that thread and, as I stated, I could not find the screw size or thread pitch anywhere that I have looked. No offense intended to the poster of that thread, but I know Kel-Tec is made in Florida, so I wasn't 100% sure that they would be using metric screws. I saw another post somewhere else that had listed standard instead of metric for the receiver, but I think they were doing it to a gen 1.

So if anyone else has any definite information it would be greatly appreciated. I contacted Kel-Tec, but no reply yet. I believe the receiver screws are 8-32 x 3/8" but am not positive.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would be very surprised if they were standard. Most everything comes with metric these days even if American made

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would be very surprised if they were standard. Most everything comes with metric these days even if American made

Good point. I agree with that. Other than than the one you were referring too, I can't find anything else on the gen 2's, so I guess I might just have to roll with the info on that thread.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Take one out and measure it. You can also get a thread pitch gauge to make it easier.
Or just take it to a hardware store and match it up.

·
Registered
643 Posts
M*Carbo sells a set of receiver screws that work for both generations of Sub2k. Get the spring set and the metal trigger while you're there. You'll be glad you did.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts