Sub2000 Gen 2 Screw Sizes

Discussion in 'Sub9 and Sub2000 Rifles' started by emny23, Dec 22, 2017.

1. emny23

emny23 Member

Apr 9, 2017
    Anyone know the screw sizes for the Gen 2 Sub2k? I want to replace the receiver and forend screws. Can't find the size or thread pitch anywhere.

2. Brasky

Brasky Active Member

Jul 22, 2017

3. emny23

emny23 Member

Apr 9, 2017
    Although I somewhat appreciate your help/smartalex reply, I already saw that thread and, as I stated, I could not find the screw size or thread pitch anywhere that I have looked. No offense intended to the poster of that thread, but I know Kel-Tec is made in Florida, so I wasn't 100% sure that they would be using metric screws. I saw another post somewhere else that had listed standard instead of metric for the receiver, but I think they were doing it to a gen 1.

So if anyone else has any definite information it would be greatly appreciated. I contacted Kel-Tec, but no reply yet. I believe the receiver screws are 8-32 x 3/8" but am not positive.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2017
  4. Brasky

Brasky Active Member

Jul 22, 2017
    I would be very surprised if they were standard. Most everything comes with metric these days even if American made

5. emny23

emny23 Member

Apr 9, 2017

Good point. I agree with that. Other than than the one you were referring too, I can't find anything else on the gen 2's, so I guess I might just have to roll with the info on that thread.

6. 850sub

850sub Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Pensacola
    Wasn't this covered a month or so ago???....

7. nbcswjb

nbcswjb Member

Nov 20, 2017
    Take one out and measure it. You can also get a thread pitch gauge to make it easier.
    Or just take it to a hardware store and match it up.

8. gsr

gsr Active Member

Sep 13, 2004
    M*Carbo sells a set of receiver screws that work for both generations of Sub2k. Get the spring set and the metal trigger while you're there. You'll be glad you did.