Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bolt on my Sub (par) 2000 continues to lock. On a recent outing I broke it out and loaded it with 30rds in a GLOCK factory 33rd mag. 4 shots and the bolt locked open and could not be moved. Upon my return home I broke down and cleaned the barely used gun and fired a few rounds with out incident. There was a loaded mag in, I removed the mag and cleared the gun. I put an empty mag in and drew back the bolt and again it stayed in the locked open position. I would be grateful for any help any one could offer for this issue. I would prefer not to spend any more $$$ on this gun and my experience with "customer services" was less than satisfactory, to say the least. I am disappointed in the over all quality of this gun and I am more disappointed by this because I love the design of this firearm as I do many of the other Kel-Tec designs, ( PMR 30, KSG, RFB etc...). At this point I have no confidence and would not buy another Kel-Tec. I know most people on this forum are fans of Kel-Tec and have not gone into any senseless bashing of the company, I just want to solve my problem. I would love some help in solving this issue, I have gone to the expense and time threading the barrel, so I would be happy for this to be a reliable firearm.

·
Premium Member
17,775 Posts
How many total rounds through it? How long have you had it? I see this is your first post, so telling us it "continues" to lock without some other description doesn't give us much context. There is no bolt hold open on the Gen 1 Sub 2000 other than the manual hold open notch, so I know we can rule that out. These are actually very simple guns so we should be able to get you figured out. But this initial post is confusing me. You shot it and the bolt locked back and could not be moved. Then you took it home, somehow cleared it and cleaned it, and fired a few shots without trouble. Then you inserted an empty mag and the bolt stayed to the rear again. Is that what I am understanding? How does the bolt do with NO magazine inserted and hand cycling? Is it free for the full travel cycle or does it feel like it is dragging anywhere? If so there may be some crud or obstruction in the bolt tube.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Really? I guess I need to formulate my responses and type faster.
Nope, quite the contrary! I've read so many threads that have been about a new S2K owner having cycling issues in the first couple of hundred rounds that I mentally bypassed the fact that this is about a Gen One !

Never post in the middle of a migraine,,,,,,

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
:nopics:
The bolt on my Sub (par) 2000 continues to lock. On a recent outing I broke it out and loaded it with 30rds in a GLOCK factory 33rd mag. 4 shots and the bolt locked open and could not be moved. Upon my return home I broke down and cleaned the barely used gun and fired a few rounds with out incident. There was a loaded mag in, I removed the mag and cleared the gun. I put an empty mag in and drew back the bolt and again it stayed in the locked open position. I would be grateful for any help any one could offer for this issue. I would prefer not to spend any more $$$ on this gun and my experience with "customer services" was less than satisfactory, to say the least. I am disappointed in the over all quality of this gun and I am more disappointed by this because I love the design of this firearm as I do many of the other Kel-Tec designs, ( PMR 30, KSG, RFB etc...). At this point I have no confidence and would not buy another Kel-Tec. I know most people on this forum are fans of Kel-Tec and have not gone into any senseless bashing of the company, I just want to solve my problem. I would love some help in solving this issue, I have gone to the expense and time threading the barrel, so I would be happy for this to be a reliable firearm.
Post a picture of your Sub. And a picture of the bolt.
Is it possible you have an original all metal Sub-9?
The Sub-9 has a last round bolt catch that could be dirty.
Also, did you purchase new?
Oh, and pics/details of how you threaded the barrel?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.