Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use to have a Gen 1 9mm and it was pretty much dead on out of the box. Sold it a while ago and just picked up a brand new Gen 2 and I can't get this thing to sight on. It seems to shoot low and even if I adj the front sight all the way down it would still shoot low of course you can adj the rear sight.

Any ideas other than sending it to Keltec.

I have a PMR30 and the KSG and they are great. No sure what's going on with the Gen 2 Sub2000 9mm

Here are some pics

·
Registered
86 Posts
I guess I'm the only one having these issues.

I even used my Laser Site SL-150 http://sitelite-lasers.com/product_SL150.html

The SL-150 has always served me well.

With it on the Sub2000 Gen 2 I still had to crank the front site really low and could go more. It's like the front site post is way too high or the back site is way too low. To make the gun shoot accurately I would have have the front post well below the front site housing which would render the the site useless.

I guess it's going back to keltec. They dropped the ball on this one.

I also tried the sight from tandemkross but did not like it at all never shoot with it you can just tell it's junk. I sent it back fro a refund.

·
Premium Member
17,775 Posts
A look at the target and what distance you were shooting would have been helpful. But no, you shouldn't need to adjust it that far down. And yes, you're the first report of elevation problems.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A look at the target and what distance you were shooting would have been helpful. But no, you shouldn't need to adjust it that far down. And yes, you're the first report of elevation problems.
Yea I did not think of taking pics of the target. Anyhow it's gone heading back to keltec. I will update thread when I get it back probably in a month or so.

·
Premium Member
17,775 Posts
If it is shooting low? You adjust the post going up, yes? Mine shoots high and to the right. I have cranked it down some. Last time at the range I ran out of ammo. Still needs adjusting.
With all of the adjustments on the front sight you "chase" the groups with the sight. As in with the gun braced, adjust the sight toward the group. It's the opposite of using adjustments with a rear sight system.

Or to put it in simpler terms, if the gun is shooting low, moving the sight higher would simply make the gun shoot lower. You would be adjusting the barrel "down" in relation to the front sight.

·
Premium Member
17,775 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Another update:

Got the Sub2000 Gen2 FDE back from keltec. They replaced some parts. Polished tube and bolt for me and test fired. They say it's fixed. I will be heading up to my property tmr and test it out myself.

I had that rear sight from TK and returned it. It's junk. I think the OEM sight is way better than it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well fired the Sub2000 today and it shoots fine without the Gemtech 9mm suppressor, but when I put the can on it does not do so well. I can see looking in the can there is slight baffle strikes. Wow Keltec you ad this as being threaded for a suppressor but don't make the end of the barrel threading and stop true... I guess I should send this back to them?

Options...

Send back to Keltec which I don't trust them to fix it... Maybe???

Send the barrel to Gemtech and pay them and I know it will be right.

Sell this thing.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
If you have a local gunsmith, take it to him and get his opinion. It may not be all that difficult to get that can to mount straight. I have a can coming soon, so I will be looking at things closely when it goes on the S2K. Good luck.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you have a local gunsmith, take it to him and get his opinion. It may not be all that difficult to get that can to mount straight. I have a can coming soon, so I will be looking at things closely when it goes on the S2K. Good luck.
I think I will send it back to keltec. I want them to try make it right. If they can't get it I will sell it. Like I said it shoots great without the suppressor, but I don't shoot without being suppressed. Maybe one reason I have 5 of them. LOL

And this is not my only gun to play with just another toy... But it should work as advertised...

I know what it is. The poor design of the front sight. It threads on but does not have a good stop you have to back it off to make the front sight straight up and down and then tighten the set screw. When you tighten the set screw that will canter the front sight a little hence your stop at the 1/2 x 28 threads will be off. They are lucky it did not cause damage to my suppressor I would send it to gemtech and have Dr Dater send the bill to keltec.

Good luck with yours. I would not trust a can on these guns out of the box.

·
Registered
404 Posts
It would be nice if they could just send you a barrel minus threading and a front sight since you know your obviously not needing either. Doesn't hurt to ask your rep when you talk to them again. Then you could send it out to whomever you like to have the work done. Or add another stamp to it, have the barrel cut back a bit and rethread it there. You would have a killer looking pistol calibered SBR. Just throwing a suggestion out there.

Good luck with this. It would be a shame to have to sell it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It would be nice if they could just send you a barrel minus threading and a front sight since you know your obviously not needing either. Doesn't hurt to ask your rep when you talk to them again. Then you could send it out to whomever you like to have the work done. Or add another stamp to it, have the barrel cut back a bit and rethread it there. You would have a killer looking pistol calibered SBR. Just throwing a suggestion out there.

Good luck with this. It would be a shame to have to sell it.
Yea I don't know if I would SBR the Sub2000 pretty small as it is. I have a HK UMP SBR, 300 Blackout SBR. If I was gonna do another one I would rather SBR my Beretta Storm 9mm carbine...

I just hope that Keltec will make it right.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update. The Sub2000 has been shipped and tried to redirect it to a Fedex location to pick it up but noooo Keltec is now putting massive restrictions on the shipment you can't do nothing but put a vacation hold on it. WTF Keltec??? Please explain.

Last time I was able to do this what changed.

I sure hope they fixed the issue with adding a can to these new Sub2000's I guess I will just keep shipping it back to them until they get it right. LOL

I won't know until I can be home and sign for this fedex package that has a million restrictions on it. LOL

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would pick it up at a customer service location. That is what i do when buying ammo.
That would be over an hour drive because where the FedEx location is because they shipped Home Delivery and not FedEx Express. If they did FedEx Express that location is alot closer to me.

I was just wondering what changed? They have never done this before and I have shipped alot of Keltec's back for service. Matter of fact this is the only gun maker I had to ship back for service. Interesting now that I think about it.

1 - 20 of 158 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.