Featured SUB 9 disassembled pics and/or bolt hold open mechanism pic

Discussion in 'Sub9 and Sub2000 Rifles' started by patnap71, Nov 2, 2017.

1. patnap71

patnap71 Member

Jul 27, 2014
    If there is anybody who has a sub 9 and has taken pictures of it disassembled I would greatly appreciate it.
    Plus if anyone can just take pictures of the last shot bolt hold open mechanism that would be great too.
    Has anyone figure it out or thought about incorporating a last shot bolt hold option on the sub2k?
    I would like to see how it was set up on the sub 9. I'm assuming it was the receiver or the buffer tube because on the sub 2K would be impossible to mount it on plastic

2. 850sub

850sub Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Pensacola
    You are in luck!
    I had a 9mm showdown at the range today.
    And I brought the Sub-9.
    Here's a shot of the bolt stop.
    [​IMG]

3. 850sub

850sub Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Pensacola
  4. patnap71

patnap71 Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Thanks for the pics. So it looks like a bent hardened slider piece of metal in a channel that is embedded in the side of the receiver? Are there springs of any sorts or detents?

5. gusfinley

gusfinley Member

Aug 6, 2012
    SLC, UT
    Yes, there is a spring that holds it out of the way until it is contacted by the follower on the empty magazine.

3wbdriver likes this.
  6. darkwriter77

darkwriter77 Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Apache Junction, AZ
    Wait, there's a last round bolt hold-open on the Sub2K? Is that something on the older generation that the new Gen2's don't have? Because mine certainly has never done that, and I've never seen any bits inside there that would enable it to do so. :confused:

7. Brasky

Brasky Member

Jul 22, 2017
    It's only on the sub 9s not the sub 2000

8. darkwriter77

darkwriter77 Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Apache Junction, AZ
    Ah. My mistake. That's what I get for posting before my daily caffeine jolt. :D