Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a sub 9 with the S&W mag compatbility.

The bolt locks back, which is a feature I like. However I seem to be unable to find the location of the bolt release :(.

Any ideas? At the moment I have to hold the bolt back and manually push down the bolt catch with my finger.

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
I don't think there is a bolt release. The magazine follower is what holds the bolt back. Once a loaded magazine is inserted, pull the bolt back and release it. The bolt will travel forward, stripping a round into the chamber.

I don't own one, just what I read here.

Anyways, here's a link to the owners manual. It explains it better.

http://www.keltecweapons.com/upload...2de46d71fe20c6795c1f9e3SUB 9 Manual small.pdf

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
Correct there is no bolt hold open/release switch per see. You just need to nudge the charging handle back once you have inserted a loaded mag. Or pull it back with no mag in there to let it go forward on an empty chamber. If it doesn't release without a mag in there you may need to put a drop of oil on it and work it a little I don't believe they have a spring in them.

Edit to add: I was wrong. You may need to call Kel-tec if it doesn't release with no magazine in there. PN 284 is the bolt catch spring, and yours may be broken.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great info thank you. It must be missing that spring. Going to brake it down shortly to verify.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts