Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
4 screws and a collar nut. The trigger bar/spring will pop out as you separate the two halves, and is a balancing act to get to stay in place when you put the two halves together again. The hammer, sear, springs, etc are held in place by the safety lever and won't go anywhere.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
What about swapping barrels?
As in, how does the barrel attach to the pivot block? Is it threaded with a locknut? Or pressed/permanently attached?
Be cool to get a .357 barrel for the Sub-9 Trifecta!

·
Registered
88 Posts
The barrel looks to be pressed without pin, but I can't tell for sure.

850sub:
Have the 9mm barrel rechambered to 357Sig, buy a new 40cal bolt head & heavy bolt, then have the new bolt head machined to match the ejector & disconnector paths.

Then find a Really Strong Buffer Spring to compensate for all that pressure.... (and fire it remotely just in case it blows up ;) )

(Sub9 left, Sub2000 right)

(Sub9 top, Sub2000 bottom)

Tool

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
4 screws and a collar nut. The trigger bar/spring will pop out as you separate the two halves, and is a balancing act to get to stay in place when you put the two halves together again. The hammer, sear, springs, etc are held in place by the safety lever and won't go anywhere.

Hello, how does one remove the collar nut? It looks like a special tool that grips the hole in the collar?...thanks...Tom

·
Premium Member
17,775 Posts
The collar nut that I'm thinking he is referring to should only be hand tight on the barrel. It is the round nut that sets the trigger guard tension.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Hi and thanks for looking, and sorry for the confusion. As I understand, in order to separate the two halves at the hinge, the two grip halves (receiver) must be separated.

In addition to the four screws in the receiver, there is a round collar nut that must be removed (see post 3 above). The collar between the bolt tube and the receiver, part #148.

How does one remove the round collar (nut)? I am not referring to the Barrel nut or Block nut since the plan is to separate the barrel at the hinge?

Should I separate it elsewhere? I'm assuming at the hinge is the most simple way regarding reassembly?...thanks...Tom

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Most people use a strap wrench and maybe some heat. Pliers if you don't care about scratches. There is a special tool that engages the hole in the collar nut, but I don't know where to get one.

·
Premium Member
17,775 Posts
Hi and thanks for looking, and sorry for the confusion. As I understand, in order to separate the two halves at the hinge, the two grip halves (receiver) must be separated.

In addition to the four screws in the receiver, there is a round collar nut that must be removed (see post 3 above). The collar between the bolt tube and the receiver, part #148.

How does one remove the round collar (nut)? I am not referring to the Barrel nut or Block nut since the plan is to separate the barrel at the hinge?
My apologies for misunderstanding. I haven't taken mine that far apart, but on the newer generations, as 850sub said, usually a strap wrench will suffice.

·
Registered
88 Posts

I use the small strap wrench: http://amzn.to/2lLlPm5

You should also be able to use the tail end of this multi-tool. The small nub would go in the hole on the collar. http://amzn.to/2lLvZmR

Auto part Tool

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.