SUB 2000 Gen 2 9mm Block recall?

Discussion in 'Sub9 and Sub2000 Rifles' started by Knightfire, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Knightfire

Knightfire Member

Mar 25, 2018
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Hello,

I purchased a new SUB2000 Gen 2 with the 9mm Glock 17 setup from Shoot Straight online. I paid by eCheck and the amount was taken from my account on 3/23. They have all my FFL information, so all on my side of this is complete.

I have been checking my order status every day since, and it kept saying my order was 'processing'. I called them today, 3/27, and asked why my order wasn't shipped. I was told, by the owner, Andrew Acosta, that some of the firearms he had in stock has some barrel issue and had to check serial numbers so he wouldn't send a defective weapon to me. I have not heard of ANY issue about this anywhere. I have contacted Kel-Tek tonight, but haven't gotten a reply. Is this a legitimate claim or is this guy jerking me around?

850sub likes this.
  2. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    We haven't heard anything here. You might check the Kel-tec Facebook page.

3. Brasky

Brasky Active Member

Jul 22, 2017
    Sounds to me he sold you a firearm he doesn't even have in stock

Detman101 and Knightfire like this.
  4. Knightfire

Knightfire Member

Mar 25, 2018
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Thanks, and I have checked the FaceBook page and nothing has been mentioned. I did send a ticket to Kel-Tek about this, but haven't heard anything back from them yet.

5. Knightfire

Knightfire Member

Mar 25, 2018
    St. Louis, Missouri
    I am starting to think the same thing too! I found this on Gun Deals online and they said they had them in stock. I am not thinking he was jerking me around. I am going to cancel the order and not mess with this anymore. This is a major pain in the butt. If they can't be honest, I don't want to even deal with them. Thanks for the input.

6. linux_author

linux_author Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2018
    just saw this while browsing to Kel-Tec's site a few minutes ago:

Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 16.19.53.png

hth,

willie (P-32 owner)
    on the Gulf of Mexico

nimbly and 850sub like this.
  7. Chuck S

Chuck S Active Member

Jan 21, 2018
    Follow the link below and enter your serial number. Gotta scroll down.

-- Chuck

Here's the link.

8. Chuck S

Chuck S Active Member

Jan 21, 2018
  9. supertiger

supertiger Member

Mar 28, 2018
    20,000 or so made in that range. Def want to get those barrels swapped out.

10. whtsmoke

whtsmoke Active Member

Feb 7, 2018
    KEARNEY MISSOURI
    Here I was going out this weekend to shoot mine a bit and then I seen the recall on the McCarbo forum this afternoon, glad I did.

11. sub2000rexxx

sub2000rexxx Member

Jun 2, 2017
    panama city
    whew! my barrel is not affected by this recall; looks like I...wait for it...dodged a bullet!
    :)

Detman101 likes this.
  12. dred

dred Active Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Gulf Coast Texas
    My serial number popped. So, do I need to yank the non factory components before shipping it off or will Kel Tec respect my updates?

13. dred

dred Active Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Gulf Coast Texas
    Mine is returning to the mothership :wall:.

What are the chances Kel Tec will swap out my barrel and leave sights, trigger, etc. as I have them set up?

14. sub2000rexxx

sub2000rexxx Member

Jun 2, 2017
    panama city
    I've read in a couple of other threads that, as long as the mods don't affect the safe operation of the firearm, they tend to look the other way...good luck!

850sub and dred like this.
  15. whtsmoke

whtsmoke Active Member

Feb 7, 2018
    KEARNEY MISSOURI
    they will install M Carbo parts for you now for a service fee to do so.

16. 850sub

850sub Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Pensacola
    I dunno, I went to the factory and they would not install an aftermarket (pop's) trigger in my P-11...
    YMMV

17. LenC

LenC Member

Mar 29, 2018
    Yes it is for real. I confirmed in on the Kel-Tec site and my recent purchase is among those being recalled.

18. sfmccormick

sfmccormick Member

May 21, 2016
    Land of Daniel Boone
    I saw this yesterday and sure enough my relatively new sub2000 and 2 belonging to friends have bad barrels (both .40 and 9mm). I replied yesterday through their website and they indicated a fedex label would be forthcoming via email. Anyone got their label yet? I figured it would show up pretty quick.

Zippersnapper likes this.
  19. Knightfire

Knightfire Member

Mar 25, 2018
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Hello Everyone,
    Just for your information, there are a lot of recall serial number lists out there that have been posted on FB and other places. For a printable list that is up-to-date and correct, use the one on the Kel-Tek website or just type in the serial number on the recall link to find out. I looked on one of the older lists and my number was on it, so thought I was going to have to send it back, but then I checked the Kel-Tek site and it is NOT affected. Thanks.

20. whtsmoke

whtsmoke Active Member

Feb 7, 2018
    KEARNEY MISSOURI
    850sub they are installing MCarbo parts for you for a fee on the Sub 2000

850sub likes this.