Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to the forum. Starting to research the Sub 2k to shoot USPSA PCC division. I was thinking of getting the G17 version as I have 5 of the extended Glock mags. However, would CZ 75 mags work in the Sig version? I know that the pistols are often compatible? I have a bunch of 19 round Cz mags. Second question, what is the consensus on a red dot set up? The MWI mount looks solid, but looks like it places the rds pretty high up. Can you still get a good cheek weld? Would a quality quick detach be better, or an offset mount? Which have you used and prefer and why? Thanks.

· Registered
389 Posts
I shot my first PCC match a couple of weeks ago.mine is a G17 model. I did use 33 rd mags on most stages except for the qualifier were they weren't needed.
Mine is set up with a Red Lion forend with a Primary Arms red dot.
I have shot this set up in other rifle/ carbine courses and now in USPSA. For me it has been great. Very accurate, fast handling and very reliable. The only thing I would like is a magwell for faster mag changes if and when needed.

Attachments

· Premium Member
18,296 Posts

· Registered
656 Posts
You need a very high mount on these to line up right, just like ARs.
I agree. Tall AR optics work best... I tried several & decided the EOTech EXPS-2 with the built-in 7mm throw lever riser mount was best for me.

I also went with the G17 model SUB-2000, the size of the grip agrees with me, and I have plenty of Glock 'Happy Sticks'.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies all. Now I guess my last question is does anyone know where I can find a G17 model in stock at a decent price? Not a single shop in my AO has them and I can only find them on Gunbroker online. Lol

· Registered
7 Posts
I shoot my s2k in uspsa every week, it is perfect because it is light and fast. I had the MI mount that allowed folding, but did not trust it, so replaced it with a QD mount. i got the tall mount that would put sites in the lower 1/3 on an AR, so it is above the irons on my s2k, which is fine, just account for the offset on close targets like you would with an AR. I did not got with offset mount because it will not lay flat, so i just gave up on folding it. Mine is 40 cal, because they were cheaper and more available . Since u r only scored minor, I just make 40 minor loads like some of the production guys do, so it shoots like a 9. I get to handle a lot of other pcc guns and the more I do that, the more I like my s2k because it is light and fast on a pistol course. Lastly, taylor freelance came out with a 10 round extension for glock 40 cal mags, so I am no longer at at a disadvantage to the 9mm guys who hold 33 rounds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.