Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum and have been searching around for information on converting a gen 2 .40 sub 2000 to a 9mm. I've found a bunch of old posts but nothing new. Are the barrels available? Does anyone make an aftermarket barrel? Are gen 1 and gen 2 barrels the same? Does anyone want to trade barrels? Thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not to be flippant, but why wouldn't you either just buy a 9mm S2K, or sell the .40 to fund the 9mm? Why spend a bunch of time and a rather large amount of money in comparison to the price of the S2K to get what you want.

Sell the 9 and buy the .40 and you've got zero to $100 in it depending on how much of a hurry you are in.

Buy a 9 to go with the .40 and you get to play with 2 funmakers,,,,,,,,,,.

The cost of having a barrel made is going to be 2/3 to 3/4 of the price of a new S2K.

Sometimes chasing the rabbit is just not a good idea.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Contact the factory to see if replacement barrels are available yet. Gen1 and gen2 barrels are not interchangeable, IIRC. Also for around $40 mail it to the factory, they can do the swap for you. Contact the factory for details.

·
Banned
38 Posts
Contact the factory to see if replacement barrels are available yet. Gen1 and gen2 barrels are not interchangeable, IIRC. Also for around $40 mail it to the factory, they can do the swap for you. Contact the factory for details.
how long do they usually take to do that?
I ask cuz I sent them mine to put it back together after I really screwed it up after doing the Mcarbo thingie
From UPS I know when they got it a week ago, but havent heard anything from them at all.
Is that the usual MO?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Shop hard... buy a used 9mm for $325 bucks and call it good.

D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just an update. Keltec converted my .40 to 9mm for $40 including shipping back to me. They replaced all the necessary parts including the Barrel. I had plenty of mags so they didn't do anything with them. It took about 3 weeks but I'm a very satisfied customer!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.